3

Lieta's POV:

„Well I'm not leaving." I told my new bodyguard or head of security, whatever you prefer. He's called John, which is quite a short and easy name. So I've been able to remember that one.

„Your sister is going, meaning you'll need to go just a day after. Remember the agreement."

„Yes, but that family wants to kill us, I'm not joining them." I tell him, placing my book down. I've refused to go on my phone for the past 48 hours.

„So I've heard, Grayson Hawthorne has had a talk with your sister and though she doesn't seem pleased, she's going in tomorrow." John explained, I nodded, a sigh escaping my lips.

„Fine. If I die, I want you and my sisters, plus Alisa on the list of reasons of why I was killed though."

„I'll inform Alisa." John agrees, exiting my room with a laugh.

*

This house doesn't seem to stop amazing me, it's gigantic and it seems like so many acres of land. The family inside scares me more though.

"Li!" Avery smiles and hugs me, as I enter the building. I quickly squirm out of her death grip.

„Hello Ave." I grin.
„They tried to kill you yet?" I chuckle, she just shakes her head. "Good." I nod.

"You're both here, good. I need you both for a wardrobe styling." Alisa walks into the entry way. Avery just tells her no and walks off, whilst I just stare after her.

"Good you're staying, let's go." she heads off in the opposite direction. I follow, even though I hate people touching me and I can imagine this'll be a lot of that. Unless it's online shopping? I really shouldn't get my hopes up.

"This is your new stylist Bonnie. She'll be helping you not look like....I don't really know." Alisa finishes, making me roll my eyes lightly. I look fine. I'll admit Avery and I are a bit rough around the edges but oh well. It's worked till now, why can't it work in the future?

"Let's get started. Go sit in that chair please." Bonnie comes over with a colour wheel and starts spinning it in a circle next to my face.

She decides that I should go for pastels and pinks, which I won't complain about, my favourite colour is pink. She also says I can never go wrong with black. However, bold colours also work.

I watch, as she walks behind multiple racks of clothes and hear, as she picks out multiple pieces of clothing, probably making outfits.

"Do you prefer skirts, dresses or trousers?" she calls over the racks, which line the room.

"Dresses and skirts." I reply, jeans are uncomfortable in my opinion, yet I've worn them forever, as they're cheaper and more practical for school.

"Good.", Bonnie comes back into the centre, holding a large pile of clothes, "Here we have black and brown skirts, you can pair these with most unicolour shirts and tops. Now I suggest you also go for 1950's poodle skirts, but also shorter tennis skirts and with the poodle ones, you can go for patterns and designs by multiple designer brands."

As she goes on, I slowly lose my concentration on what she's saying. This is a lot of information to try and hold. I'm genuinely considering, just letting her do whatever to my wardrobe and picking out all my clothes for me.

"What do you think?" she asks, waiting for my reply. Not having heard what she said, I just make a statement I think she'll like.

"Poodle skirts, tennis skirts and some dresses it is then." I smile politely. She seems to be pleased with my answer, so she starts handing me outfits to try on, so that they can be tailored.

"How's it going?" Alisa enters the room after knocking.

"Just fine. She'll have a selection of skirts and dresses to wear." Bonnie tells her. Alisa nods approvingly. At least she won't complain for the rest of the day.

"Go." Bonnie ushers me into the walk in closet.

„Who lives in this room?" I ask amazed, as I stare around the large room. This wardrobe alone was bigger than my old bedroom. I knew these people were rich, but the fact this house belongs to Avery and I alone is mental.

„Did I forget to tell you it's yours?" Alisa chuckles. I haven't heard her chuckle yet, but I'm distracted by what she said.

„What now?" I say, as I peek around the corner. Believing her would be like believing pigs can fly.

„Alisa." I hear someone say. Standing there is Grayson Hawthorne, back in a grey suit without the suit jacket only the dress pants and shirt.

„This is your room." Alisa confirms, making my eyes go wide. What now?

„I've got files here for the foundation, apparently they need signing by Ms. Cege." he speaks. His face portrays someone who is annoyed. Though I try to ignore it, as I'm probably the cause.

„I can sign them." I say shrugging, hoping he'll leave after I've signed them.

„You can't just sign them. You need your lawyer to confirm that you're allowed to sign the paper." he tells me, acting as if that's common knowledge.

„Oops." I shrug again, waiting for Alisa to read the files.

„Seems alright. It's just making sure the payment for the foundation goes through this month." she hands me the paper and a pen. With a little struggle, as I'm still holding the pile of clothes I manage to sign the paper. I hand it back to the man and walk back into the wardrobe. I'm not able to call it mine yet.

„By the way. I don't need this much space." I tell Alisa, as I finally place down all the clothes.

„Your sister got the same sized room. If you change it, she would probably change it out of sympathy. I suggest you keep it. Ms. Grambs enjoyed her room." Grayson Hawthorne still stands there.

I sigh. I definitely didn't want to take it away from Avery and he was right. She would definitely feel bad and want to change it. Even if I tell her not too.

„Fine." I close the door and grab the first outfit my stylist wanted me to wear. A black flowered poodle skirt and a white shirt with small thrilly bits.

I find a pair of heels, which Alisa had given me, as she wasn't sure what shoe size I was, she asked me, though apparently I'm going to have some more ordered

I find a pair of heels, which Alisa had given me, as she wasn't sure what shoe size I was, she asked me, though apparently I'm going to have some more ordered. I'm not sure what ‚some' means to rich people though.

„I like it." I shrug walking back out. Bonnie grins for the first time today and Alisa gives me an approving nod.

„It will only work for the summer. You'll need a long sleeved shirt for winter and probably also a different skirt, which would need to be thicker, as I'm guessing that's thin." Grayson looks me up and down. I cross my arms now aware of my body. I didn't like him staring, it was weird.

„Didn't know you were a fashionista." I said sarcastically, making him roll his eyes.

„It was my school project at the end of high school. I also did photography, but I prefer doing statistics." he tells me, opening the door to leave.

„Course you do." I mutter, as he walks out of the room. „Of course you do."

(20/8/22)