28

A knock sounded on my door, as I worked on my project for economics class. "Come in!"

I watched, as the door handle was pushed down and the large door opened up. The first thing I saw was a dress shoe walk in and then Grayson step inside with multiple stacks of papers and folders.

"Need some help?" I asked, as I heard him mumble a 'no' from behind the stacks and stacks of files.

"Then why are you here?" I questioned, as he walked over towards my bed and sat down.

"Needed company." he spoke and started lying out all of his papers onto my bed and on the floor.

"Did you now?" I said sarcastically, as he looked up at me for a moment, rolled his eyes and went back to his papers.

"You still don't want help?" I pushed, as he shook his head.

"Just stay in here please. I need someone else around." he said quietly, heavily concentrated on his work, as I smiled slightly. He was cute when he worked hard, but couldn't sit around alone. Knowing he wanted to be close to me was quite nice.

*

"Little Li! Little Li! Little Li!" I heard another voice, knocking on the door.

"Come in, Sheldon 2.0." I laughed, as I watched Jameson enter the room.

"What's he doing?" Avery questioned, following behind him, as she looked over to my bed, where Grayson was. To be fair, he looked like he was loosing his mind.

"Honestly not a clue. Though he's been rummaging through piles of papers for about three hours now." I mentioned, whilst watching him from my desk chair.

"Three hours?!" Jameson laughed, as I looked over at him.

"Stop laughing at your brother." I looked at him annoyed, though Jameson just looked over at me with an 'are you serious?' look, making me sigh.

"Grayson, it's time for a break." I stood up and headed over towards my bed, crossing my arms again.

"Five more minutes." he muttered, as I rubbed my temple.

"You've been saying that for the past 30 minutes." I told him sternly, as he shook his head.

"Get up." I said, though he ignored me.

"Grayson, get up." He ignored me again.

"Grayson Davenport Hawthorne, get your arse up this instant." I said annoyed, as he looked up with slightly shocked eyes.

"Oo, he's in trouble." I heard Jameson whisper over to Avery, as I turned to glare at him, which made Avery snicker.

"But-" Grayson tried to say, though I shut him down.

"No buts, get up."
"Please."
"Now." I said sternly, as he put his papers to one side, as I grabbed his hand.

"Where are you guys going?" Avery questioned, as I pulled Grayson with me.

"Outside for a walk." I said loudly, as we made our way through the hallways.

"I'm fine, Li." Grayson tried to defend himself, as I groaned.

"Grayson, I will personally slap some sense into you, if you keep this going." I started walking faster, as we finally made our way outside. I stopped just in front of the door and took a deep breath in. This would hopefully help.

"Grayson, you are driving yourself insane and I can't deal with it." I said letting go of his hand and crossing my arms. I motioned for us to start walking, as he crossed his own arms.

"I'm not, I just need to get it done by a deadline, that's all."

"Then let me help you." I said again, as he shook his head.

"You don't need to struggle with me. I can deal with it." I sighed, as I kept walking. I didn't say anything, letting the silence fill the gap. He was mental and I couldn't believe he wasn't able to see it. He's been looking almost sickly the past couple days.

"Li, you know that I'm not stupid-"
"Do I? Really, think about it for a second. You look sick, Gray. Sick."
"But we know I'm not sick." Grayson tried to turn me around, but I shook his hand off of me. He looked taken aback, though I didn't let that stop me from getting my point across.

"Grayson, I've done it before. I've stressed myself out so badly, that I was sick for four weeks after a deadline. I forced myself to still go to school. It was terrible. So you better listen to me and let me help you, because you're being a stubborn idiot."  I watched him swallow a lump of air, as I waited for him to answer. Though he didn't.

"Grayson." I said quietly, softer this time. He was worrying me.

"Do you-" he stopped himself, as I stared at him intently. "No rush." I said again, as I grabbed his hand and clasped it between my two.

"You can help, just-, let me do most of the work." he said, as I smiled up at him. "Thank you." I walked forward and wrapped my arms around his middle, whilst I felt his arms wrap around me tightly.

Grayson's POV:

I'm an idiot.

*

(18/5/23)