20

Lieta's POV:

"You and your sisters have stolen my sons from me." Skye stood in front of me, as she yelled things at me. Empty threats, i thought to myself.

"You will pay for whatever crap you have done to my family!"

"I am not stealing your sons!" I yell back, finally annoyed enough by her yelling.

"You traitorous-"

"I think that's enough Skye." Grayson walked in and placed a hand on his mothers shoulder. She turned to him, cupping his face in her hands.

"Stop talking to her please. She's not good for you, or any of your brothers." I watched as she pleaded for Grayson to give up, though I just hoped he wasn't listening to her.

"Why don't we get you back to your room?" he asked and I watched them leave the room.

*

"Nothing makes sense." I mutter, placing my face into my hands.

"Nothing the old man did made sense remember? All it was supposed to do was work, as long as it worked there was no need for an explanation." Grayson muttered, just as annoyed with the mind map we had created on the wall, as I was.

"How's life?" Xander entered the room, Jameson and Avery on his tail.

"Out." Grayson turned and shooed them towards the door.

"Excuse me? We're just as entitled to this room, as you are." Jameson told him, as I groaned.

"It's Grayson's office, not yours." I stated, as he shrugged. These boys.

"It's also soon to be Avery's house." Jameson defended himself.

"It's also soon to be mine." I told him, not letting my eyes leave his. The room was silent. Xander looked confused and Jameson looked lightly taken aback, though he quickly recovered.

"Well played Cege. Well played." he turned on his heel, Avery stared at me for a moment, quickly following Jameson.

Xander shrugged, as he looked at both Grayson and me: "You did indeed play well, Lieta. I suggest, however that you two stop acting like you need to fight them."

With that he turned around and left us to ourselves. "Are we blocking them out?"

"Seems we are." Grayson said tiredly, walking over to the table and sitting down onto it. I watched, as he took his suit jacket off and laid it down next to him. He looked over, his hair lightly ruffled, as he had worked for the past five hours none stop. I didn't let my eyes leave him, he didn't let his leave me either.

I stood there for what felt like years, though it only turned out to be a minute of us watching each other.

Grayson cleared his throat: "Should we take a break?"

"Yes, I think we should." I agreed, looking out the window. I stared down at the gate, where security was located at every corner. I sometimes forgot how monitored I was. John was watching my every move. The world was watching my very move.

"You ok?" I jumped in shock, torn from my thoughts, as Grayson placed his hands onto my shoulders.

"Sorry." he carefully lifted his hands back up, almost as if he was surrendering.

"It's alright." I breathed, as he smiled warmly, a rare sight.

"We should probably apologise to everyone." I thought aloud, as I let my thoughts out into the air.

"We should." he nodded, as he grabbed my arm, pulling me with him. I didn't question it and let him drag me through the large estate. We walked through the halls, John was somewhere behind us, following to make sure I was fine. The doors were tall in the new hallway we were suddenly in, I never forgot how much i hadn't explored yet. I swore to myself i would find all of them before I was 20. Grayson turned around another corner and knocked on a door. I was guessing this was a different room.

"Come in." we heard Jameson yell. Grayson turned the door handle and let go of my arm simultaneously. It left my lower arm quite cold, leaving a slightly empty feeling.

"Leave." Jameson told us and I sighed.

"We're sorry. We've been practically ignoring you for around a month now and it's ridiculous. We're not going to show you our plans, even if that's what you want, because we would quite like to keep this little competition going between us four."  I explained. Avery looked over at me, Jameson now turning around from their own pin wall, also staring at me.

"Not forgiven, but I think we'll accept the competition." he replied, looking over towards his brother. Grayson didn't say anything for the moment, he stared at their pin wall.

"Fair enough. Have you ever thought of checking the bar?" Grayson asked, though I raise an eyebrow. We hadn't ever checked a bar.

"No and I don't think we will. ....Don't forget to inform your little friend, when you're going to tell  us lies." Jameson smirked, as Grayson turned his head towards me.

"Hey! I'm not little!" I complained, though Grayson just sighed, holding his nose bridge and closing his eyes.

"We'll see you another time." He turned toward me and pulled me with him again.

"I'm not done!" I tried to pull myself out of his grip, but failed miserably.

"Just let yourself be dragged!" Avery yelled after me. I flipped her off, not wanting to know what had apparently made her accept this type of behaviour.

I heard the door close after us, so I instead started walking properly next to him. "You're a handful, Lieta."

"Oh, I'm not that bad." I muttered, he just shook his head, but I could tell there was a small smirk pulling at the corner of his mouth.

*

(15/2/23)