36

I stood in front of the mirror, looking at the long gown I was wearing. An absolutely stunning piece in a shade of deep read with gold leaves trailing down the side. Grayson was going to go in a basic black suit, though covered in small gold leaves on the inside of the suit jacket, a small touch if he lifted up the sides. He had said not to peak when he went to ask his brothers something, though I couldn't help but check the wardrobe for the multiple pieces. The whole of Hawthorne house was attending. It was an outdoor garden ball, an amazing idea Alisa had had and I couldn't thank her enough.

I wasn't going to ruin the foundations funding just by not being Tobias Hawthorne. Especially as Grayson was so passionate about the foundation, I just couldn't do that to him.

A knock sounded on the door, as I turned away from the mirror. "Come in." I called. Grayson opened the door and closed it behind him. He looked stunning in his suit. He looked like a pristine collectable.

"You ready?" he questioned, as he turned to finally look at me. I watched as he took a step back, hitting his head against the wall.
"Ow." he complained, though he didn't look away from me.

"Are you alright?" I rushed over and pulled his head down, checking for any bruising or blood. He only hummed and kept looking up at me.

"What?" I laughed, as he shook his head.

"Just...wow?" He almost questioned, as I laughed again.

"What do you mean 'wow'?" I questioned with another laugh. He just shook his head, a crooked grin on his face. Something I never really saw. Had I broken Grayson Hawthorne?

"Grayson?" I lifted his head to look at me, as he smiled almost in a look of shock, though maybe it was admiration? It didn't make sense.

"You're- wow." He said again, as I smiled.
"I'm wow?"
"You're wow." He nodded again, confirming what he had said, as if it was a logical sentence.

"Thank you." I smiled, though I waited for him to start thinking correctly. It wouldn't be smart to bring him down to the ball, where he's supposed to bring intelligence into conversations. Especially in the state he's in.

"I- shall we go?" Grayson stood straighter, as I stared up at him.

"Can you think?" I questioned, as he shook his head. "Honestly, no."

"You're adorable." I muttered under my breath. I pulled his lips to mine and gave him a light kiss. I'm not sure if that really helped, as I felt his hands travel down my sides, pulling me closer by the waist and deepening the kiss.

"I'd stay here with you, but I feel like we need to go and make our presence known downstairs." I traced his lips with my eyes, as Grayson nodded slowly agreeing.

"We could get back to this later..?" Grayson mentioned quietly, making me want to pull him closer. I don't think I've ever wanted to be so close to someone. I've never wanted someone to kiss me. I've never wanted someone to never let go of me, I used to always feel enclosed after a while. Yet I wanted him with me, next to me, to hug me and stay with me forever. I honestly didn't want to go downstairs.

"Come on." Grayson interrupted my thoughts and pulled me with him towards the door.

*

"The pleasure's all mine." I answered, shaking Mr. Meier's hand. He had come all the way from Germany which honestly was shocking. I didn't know the foundation went that far.

"Nono, it's meins." he joked, making me laugh. It was a ridiculous joke, however it was expected for me to laugh. Grayson had left me about half an hour in, so that we could talk to twice the amount of people. It seemed he trusted me with the task. I didn't want to let him down.