26

"Where's Libby?" I questioned, as Avery shrugged, whilst taking a bite of her scone. It was lemon, meaning Xander had probably eaten all the blueberry ones by now.

"Don't know. We should probably ask Nash, I haven't seen her in over a week." she explained, as I agreed.

"Me neither."

"Who are you searching for?" Jameson walked in and grabbed an apple off of the table.

"Libby." we explained, as he shrugged. "Ask Nash."

"Who needs to ask Nash what?" Alisa walked in and grabbed her daily croissant off of the dining table. I sighed annoyed by having to explain myself so many times.

"Where Libby is." I told her, as she raised an eyebrow.

"Your older siblings have been gone for over a week." she informed us, as I choked on my orange juice.

"Where did they go? Why didn't she tell us?" I rushed, though Alisa held her hand up motioning for me to wait, as she finished her bite.

"They've flown over to Dubai for the week to watch the F1 races. They're representing the family." Avery looked over to Alisa with a look, asking if she was joking. Though as Alisa didn't react, clearly they were in Dubai, as of last week.

"When will they be back?" she asked, as Alisa muttered a curse under her breath, clearly annoyed with something.

"They were supposed to come back two days ago, yet they apparently told the jet to wait off another five days, as they wanted to explore the place."

"'Course they did." Jameson laughed, heading towards the door.

"You coming, Heiress?" Jameson asked, as she looked up at him confused.

"We have school." Avery stated, as I laughed. "He doesn't care."

"I do and I say; take the day off." Alisa smiled over at her.

"Why?" Avery questioned, though I stood up and went to place my plate somewhere out of my way.

"I don't care what you do. I'm going to school." I told her and walked off and back up to my room. I grabbed my school uniform and got ready to go back to amazing Country Day. Oh, how I hated that school. It was the epitome of, snotty rich kids, not knowing how lucky they were. A knock sounded on my door, as I yelled to wait a moment.

I headed over and opened the door to Grayson in a grey suit. He looked at me confused, though realisation quickly dawned on him. I still went to school.

"I forgot you were a student." he entered my room, as I chuckled.

"Forgot your almost relationship, was almost illegal." I pressed, laughing as I grabbed my books and put them into my purse. I couldn't believe Alisa had convinced me to use a purse for school. She hadn't been able to convince Avery and I ended up feeling bad for her. So now I was stuck with this much too large looking purse, which still barely fit my books.

"Almost relationship?" Grayson questioned, as I looked over to him with a raised eyebrow, my face clearly expressing 'really?'.

"Fine, I get your point." he rubbed his temple, as I laughed it off, though I was a little disappointed that he hadn't said more now. I was expecting something, maybe a mention of what we were going to do about this situationship or just something? I'll probably have to say something in the end.

"Why are you here anyway, I need to leave soon, so you might as well tell me." I rushed around my room picking up bits and pieces I needed for the day.

"Noticed anything different today, you know, someone missing." he stated more than asked, as I groaned.

"Grayson, I did not pay attention to that." I complained, as he just laughed again. Goodness sake.

"My mother has been told, by me personally, to leave the premises." he spoke, as I stopped in my tracks. I didn't look back at him, as my still outstretched arm didn't move.

"Are you alright?" he asked, as I gulped. He had removed his mother, his mother, because of me.

"Really?" I turned around and looked at him in disbelief. "Yes, really."

I quickly ran over and wrapped my arms around his torso, my head against his chest, as my hands curled into fists with parts of his suit stuck in them. I honestly didn't really care that this suit would probably never see the light of day again thanks to me.

"Thank you." I mumbled, as I felt him place a light kiss to my head.

"Not a problem, darling." I heard him reply, as my cheeks grew pink. I held onto him for another moment, before I let go and grinned up at him.

"I think it's time for you to leave." Grayson told me, as he pointed towards his watch.

"Alright, bye bye." I grabbed my bag and kissed his cheek, running out of the door, I made my way through the halls towards where the SUV's would be parked.

"Hey John." I grinned, as I opened the car door and sat down.

"Morning, do we need to wait for the others?" he asked, as I shook my head, he nodded and turned the radio on, pressing on the gas pedal, he started to drive.

"What have you got today?" he questioned. I don't know why, but John was almost a father at times. He was ridiculously worried about me all the time and asked how my day was, talked with me whenever he got the chance and when interrupted he would come back the next day and we would continue with the topic. I quite enjoyed it.

"Maths, French, Latin, economics and gardening." I told him, as he raised an eyebrow, looking into his mirror.

"Gardening?"
"I needed a subject, where I could do something other than sit around."
"Alright, how does that class work then?" 

*

"You'll have to work on a project due in two weeks. Choose a topic from the list and research it, I want either a thorough paper or a presentation on the topic. You may leave. Have a nice weekend everyone." Ms. Jefferson stated, as I sighed in relief. Individual work and I didn't have to present it, what a dream.

I grabbed my bag and headed out the door. Economics was finally over, so I was now free to go home. I walked over to my locker and switched out the books I didn't need for the weekend, as I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see a girl I had never met before.

"May I help you?" I questioned, as she nodded her head with a smile.

"You're Lieta Mae Cege, correct?" she asked, as I nodded, which made her smile grow even more.

"Perfect. I was wondering, whether you could tell me what the homework is for gardening class, as I was at a doctors appointment and everyone else seems to have left. Ruby Danielle Evans, by the way." she stuck out her hand for me to shake. I closed my locker and shook her hand.

"Of course, it's not much really. Just page 54 in the theory book. It's about some flower, just need to read the page." I told her, as she nodded, scribbling it down into her notebook.

"Thank you so much! I need to go, but thank you." she smiled and ran off, as she scribbled some more things into her notebook. Interesting. With that I left to go and find John in the parked SUV.

*

(2/5/23)