21

"Ok, so we've done Westbrook and Blackwood." I spoke aloud.

"We've still got Winchester and Davenport." Grayson agreed.

"Your grandfather didn't just so happen to own a Davenport did he?" I questioned, as Grayson looked towards the ceiling, angling his head upwards.

"Of course he did, though, where was it." He abruptly rushed out of the room, as I quickly ran after him. He was running extremely quickly, which was something I wasn't used to. This man didn't run, he always kept a cool fashion, so he must've remembered something important.

"Where are you going?" Jameson questioned, as he stood in Grayson's way, Avery behind him.

"Not now, Jamie." Grayson stated quickly, as I came to a holt behind him.

"Can we maybe not run?" I asked out of breath, as Grayson looked over.

"No, we're going to run." He pushed his brother to the side, grabbing my arm and making a run for it again.

"Where are you going?" Avery yelled after us, I turned yelling back: "I have no idea!"

*

We ran down a staircase and I don't know why, but I was shocked to see a...playroom. Grayson had slowed down about five minutes after we had ran away from Avery and Jameson, though that didn't stop him from walking in a fast pace. He had also let go of me after about two minutes, once we had stopped running, clearly he had forgotten about it and although I had no problem with it, he was acting rather awkward.

"There's a playroom?" I asked, trying to make him break out of the box he had built around himself again. I hated when he built up walls, I knew he built them for mostly good reasons, but this time it was ridiculous.

"Of course there is. We had to be entertained didn't we?" he stated more than asked, as I shrugged.

"Makes sense." I spoke aloud, as he walked over toward a corner.

"Here. Down the stairs." I walked towards him and stared down the narrow stairs. It was located in the children's library. Basically a more friendly version of the adult ones.

"I don't like the look of those." I told him, as he sighed.

"Do you want to find the clue? We've got two numbers, eight and one, if we go down these stairs, we'll hopefully find the third." He raised an eyebrow, waiting for my answer.

„Fine." I huffed and carefully made my way down the stairs.

Grayson followed, though as the staircase was narrow and not as stable, we had to go down slowly and rather close. Even a little close for my standards. I felt his breath on the back of my neck, as we descended to who knows where. „You alright?"

„Fine, thank you." I replied, not really wanting to start a conversation, as I could tell just having to answer with hardly any words was difficult, the mere distraction of him was just terrible.

„A Davenport." I breathed, as we finally arrived where we had wanted to be for so long.

„Glad I remembered correctly." Grayson nodded, placing a hand onto my back, steering me towards the large desk.

„Now what?" I questioned, as he laughed.

„Haven't you played enough of the old man's games at this point?"

„Secret compartments." I agreed, not looking at him, as I started pressing every drawer handle and pulling everything out. Grayson searched underneath the desk, which I was not expecting him to do, especially with his bloody overpriced suit.