44

Grayson's POV:

"She'll be fine with you here, honestly." Avery turned around the corner, a black haired girl followed her.

I still hadn't talked to her or Jameson, since I had sent them out. They didn't need to know about my father. Though I'd tell Lieta soon enough.

"Hello." Avery stopped in her tracks, as the girl next to her looked up. She had black hair and brown eyes and was just about as tall as Avery, which meant she was taller then Lieta.

"Afternoon."

"Let me take a guess, you're the stuck up stick dating Lieta Cege." the girl grinned, as I stared at her.

"And who are you?" I questioned as she stuck her hand out.

"Maxine Liu, the best friend." I shook her hand looking over towards Avery.

"Oren and John had her cleared?"
"They did."

"Good." I nodded and walked past them and headed towards the stairs.

"Are you and Lieta still upset with me?" Avery called after me as I looked up.

"I didn't think your sister was upset with you."

"She is 'cause I pissed you off. Anyways, I guess I should apologise. Whoever that guy is, I won't ask about him." she held her hands up in surrender, like Lieta did so often. The three sisters were weirdly alike in ways that siblings usually weren't.

"You're forgiven on my side. Cant say anything about Li." I told her and walked off.

*

"Who's Maxine Liu?" I questioned, as Lieta looked up. We were in the kitchen, both on either side of the table counter. She was looking at her phone, drinking her juice, before I had interrupted her.

"Avery's best friend", she stated, "How do you know about her?"

"She's here." I looked at her confused, as her mouth gaped open.

"Why didn't they tell me?" she said annoyed, as I shrugged. I honestly didn't know, it was already confusing when Avery had said 'she'll be fine with you here'.

"Do you not like her?"

"I'm fine with her." she grumbled, as I raised an eyebrow.
"Doesn't seem like it."

"It's nothing, really. We just used to butt heads rather often." she explained, as I nodded in thought.

"I don't believe that." I finally decided, as she looked up from her phone.

"What do you mean? It's nothing, really." she shook her head, as I put my hands onto the table, pushing myself up.

"Lieta Mae, explain." I looked at her, though she just looked away. Averting her eyes to the fridge, she opened it up and looked for something. Something which she knew she didn't need.

I stepped forward and wrapped my arms around her waist, my chin now leaning against her head. I could feel Lieta tense up, as I looked down at her.

"Something wrong?" I leaned down towards her ear and left a kiss just behind the lobe.

"No." she squeaked, as I let out a chuckle.

"I'll be saying it for the rest of my life, but you're adorable." I nuzzled my face into her hair, as I finally felt her back muscles relax and a sigh escape her lips.

"You're cute too." she tilted her head up towards me.
"Cute? I'm not cute." I looked down at her with a joking scowl in my face. 

"What adjectives do you want? Handsome, beautiful, attractive, graceful, clean-cut, enchanting, charming, delightful, dreamy?"

"How about all nine of them?" I smirked, as she hit my arm playfully. I'd eventually figure out who Maxine really was. Maybe it really was nothing bad that had happened and they just didn't necessarily agree on everything.

"You're troublesome." she smirked back at me.
"Only for you, Lieta Mae."
"I believe that, Grayson Davenport." she smiled with a wicked grin. One that just made me want to kiss her and keep her with me. Though I don't think I could trust myself to then ever let go.

(16/8/23)