27

„I met a girl named Ruby Evans." I said, as Grayson hummed. He was walking around his office, as I sat in his chair, watching him shuffle about.

"She seemed quite nice. Didn't have a long chat though, she was in a rush." I explained, as Grayson hummed again, walking over to the desk I was sitting at and started sorting his papers neatly into a folder.

"Grayson? Are you listening to me?" he hummed again, as I groaned.

"Grayson!" I said loudly, making him look up with widened eyes.

"Did I do something?" he asked rather rapidly, rushing around the table, looking down at me worriedly.

"Were you listening to me?" I asked, as he tightened his lips.

"I'm sorry, I....I've been working on something for the foundation. It's really important I get it done. It's just a bit much, but I don't want anyone else doing it.", he rushed back around the table, as I now watched him worriedly.

"Grayson, are you alright?" I asked slowly, as he started stacking papers again.

"I'm fine."
"Let me help you."
"I don't need help, Lieta."
"Grayson, we own the foundation together. What should I help you with?" I stood up and walked around the table, placing a hand onto his back and rubbing it gently.

"No, really it's fine. You don't need to help me with anything." I groaned annoyed with him, as he walked off towards his shelf and grabbed another folder. He came back and started sorting the stack of papers again.

"Grayson, you're going to break down soon enough, if you keep this up." I said looking over at him.

"I'll be perfectly fine." he stated again, not doing anything for a moment, as he stared at the papers. I took that as my cue to leave and did so.

"Come and get me before you're screwed." I said before leaving the room.

*

Grayson's POV:
(Guess who's back, back again.)

"Nash, do you have the papers to your part at the foundation?" I walked over to him, as Nash looked up from his motorbike helmet, that he was polishing.

"Uh, should do. Can I bring them tonight?" he asked, as I sighed.

"That's too late. Are you able to give them to me now?" I asked again.

"Fine." he stood up and walked off, as I followed him.

"You look stressed, Gray. You alright?" he asked, looking back at me. This again.

"I'm fine."

"Liar. Why don't you just accept your girlfriend's help?" he asked, as I went wide eyed.

"She's not my girlfriend." I stated, so that he'd hopefully give up.

"Oh, Grayson. You better ask her soon enough. She's probably getting tired of waiting." he spoke, stopping in his tracks, as I knocked into him.

"It's not as if she hasn't asked me either."

"Gray, hear me out, she's not going to wait forever and she's probably worried you don't trust her enough with the foundation. So you're not putting her hopes up. Even if she hasn't asked you, you're the one sending mixed signals." he looked over towards me, as I groaned.

"Don't let her go. She's a special one. I'm not sure you'll find another with the patience of a saint." he said slowly and started walking off towards his room.

Keep her. Right.

*

Lieta's POV:

"Alright, girl sleepover initiated." Avery grinned, turning around from the door she had just locked.

"Wooo!" I cheered with Libby next to me. We were sat on Avery's bed, as Avery and I didn't trust Libby and her bed. We were never told what was going on with her and Nash and definitely weren't wanting to risk our sanity.

"Now, down to business.", Libby started, as I raised an eyebrow, "First the facts. Nash and I, Avery and Jameson, Lieta and Grayson."

"We're not official." I interrupted, as they both looked over towards me with wide eyes. "How?!"

"I mean, we only figured it out last week, but you guys?" Avery said shocked, as I shrugged. It wasn't that big of a deal. Of course it annoyed me a little bit and I honestly couldn't tell what Grayson wanted, but I would just see.

"I'll see what happens." I said, shrugging again, as Libby sighed.

"Alright, why did you guys not want to do the sleepover in my room? I've clearly got the best bed." she stated, as I shared a look with Avery.

"What?" Libby asked again, as I tightened my lips.

"Well, you and Nash..." Avery started explaining, as Libby went bright red. "You don't really think?"

"Look Libs. We love you a lot. The problem is he probably loves you a little different." I stated, as Avery burst out laughing, as I joined her. Libby held her head in her hands, as we tried to calm ourselves down.

"We didn't-"

"Stop lying." Avery looked at her, as if it was obvious. Libby quickly shut up and tried to steer the conversation again. She was quite literally very very embarrassed, so we decided to let he topic change slide.

"Where's Skye gone? She's not been here for over a week now."

"Grayson told her she had to leave." I said, as they looked over at me again. What was it with them and being shocked at every word that left my mouth.

"Why'd he do that? She loves him to pieces." Avery stated, as I nodded.

"Yeah, but the thing is she was behind the shooting you were in. I think that messed him up pretty badly." I replied, as her eyes went wide.

"He never told me that. You never told me that."

"I didn't, because he said he would handle it all. Which to me meant he would've told you. I'm sorry he didn't, I should've mentioned it regardless." I said quietly, though Avery just shook her head.

"It's not your fault. I would've believed Jameson too, if he had told me something like that." Avery said, though Libby raised an eyebrow at her.

"Really? I mean I'm sure he's great, it's just he doesn't seem reliable, when it comes to getting things done." she laughed, as I nodded agreeing: "She's got a point."

"Oh, both of you shut it." Avery muttered, though started laughing again, as we joined in.

(9/5/23)