29

Lieta's POV:

"Lieta." I heard someone knock at my door, as I looked up from my pillow. My eyes squinted open, as the light was too bright.

"Who's there?" I yelled over, as someone entered the room. "It's me." Grayson walked in, as I groaned.

"Gray, you make it really hard to like you." I muttered, as I heard his footsteps come closer to the bed.

"Why's that?" he questioned, as I groaned again.
"Because it's way too early." I rubbed my eyes and looked up at him.
"Actually, it's noon." he stated, sitting down next to me on my bed, as I turned my head towards him. He smiled down at me and tucked a hair behind my ear, as my lips turned upward into a smile as well.

"Now you need to get dressed, we have work to do." he mentioned and stood, holding out his hand for me to grab.

"You're the fashionista, pick something." I shrugged, as long as I got more time in bed, I couldn't care more.

"Alright, as long as you're not particular." he stuck his hand into his trouser pocket and headed towards my wardrobe.

"Dress, skirt, jeans?" I heard him yell from inside the wardrobe.

"You pick everything!" I yelled back and closed my eyes. I heard him shuffle around and open and close drawers, till ten minutes later I heard him yell for me to come and get changed.

I got up and stretched my arms, heading towards the large doors. Inside I saw Grayson with a pile of clothes. "Here you go." he handed me the pile, as I watched him leave and close the doors.

I laid out the clothes and checked through them, my face flushing pink, as I realised he hadn't just done the main clothes, but he had also gone through my bra collection. I cleared my throat before yelling out: "Did you have to choose a bra as well?"

"It matches the top." he yelled back, as I took a deep breath. Not weird....at all.

To be fair to him, he had picked a beautiful skirt and top and the bra did match.. . The clothes were quite breathy and comfortable, so I wasn't going to complain.

"Tada!" I walked out and twirled, as Grayson looked up with a smirk on his face. "Haven't lost my touch."

"How modest you are." I crossed my arms, a smile tugging at my lips again.
"I wouldn't say that,", he walked over and tilted my head up,", I'd just say honesty is the best policy and you look wonderful."

"Honesty is the best policy and you look handsome." I wrapped my arms around his neck and placed my lips to his. I left another light peck on his cheek and then pulled away again, taking my arms away from his neck.

"Now we have work to do." I grabbed his hand and pulled him with me, dragging us to his office.

*

"Grayson, this is so much." I said in disbelief, as I stared at the wall and floor and just everything. The office was full of papers, pens, highlighters, binders, books and folders.

"The reason I didn't want you to have to deal with it." I turned to see him tight lipped, his hands in his pockets.

"We'll get it done quicker than if you were alone." I said walking over to the white board.
"So what's the actual problem?"

"We need to refill the lost money from the foundation." he explained, as I turned around confused.

"Why did we lose it?"

"You're not my grandfather." Grayson shrugged, as I groaned. Rich people and their damn connections.

"How did you plan on fixing this?" I asked.
"I was going to meet with them, yet most of them were only interested in meeting you." he said annoyed, as I shrugged.

"What's the harm in meeting them?" I asked confused.

"One, you live in Texas and the elderly people expect us to fly into their state, yet you're not allowed to. Two, you would need to meet over 30 people. Three, Alisa and John would kill me."

"They wouldn't kill you." I laughed. Grayson raised an eyebrow, making me shut up quickly. "Alright, then how about we do some big event! Invite everyone!"

"That might work." Grayson stood and grabbed the white board pen out of my hand. He started drawing a mind map of things that would work and things we could do.

"Everything you're listing sounds like a ball." I told him.

"Then we'll host a ball." Grayson shrugged and headed towards the door.

"Where are you going?" I questioned, as Grayson turned around.

"Well someone needs to inform Alisa." with that he left his office, leaving me to look at the white board again.

*

"You're hosting a ball?" Libby entered my room with a confused look.

"We need something to get the funds back for the foundation, so we're hosting a ball." I stated, as she nodded. I kept running around my room, as I packed my purse for school again.

"Enjoying school?" she questioned, as I shook my head.
"It's hell. The kids are all snobs and the teachers think less of me, just because I wasn't born with money."

"I'm sorry you don't like it. Avery said she loves it, so I thought you would too." she said looking a little upset.

"It's just those rich snobby kids don't understand how hard I work. I'm not useless and I'm not a retired drug addict just because I was poor. I'm also not a know-it-all, I'm a loser to them. Education isn't fun when everyone around you doesn't want to speak to you and you spend lunch in front of a damn locker." I said annoyed, as Libby let out a sigh.

"Why don't you do homeschool?" she questioned, making me shake my head.

"I'm not stooping any lower." I said, as I stuffed my jacket into the top of the bag. Libby only nodded, as I gave her a kiss on the cheek and left through the front door.

(24/5/23)