19

"Morning." I heard a voice from my right. I stirred, rubbing at my eyes. Grayson Hawthorne looked up at me, as he kept his arms firmly around my middle once again.

"Go back to bed." I mutter, closing my eyes again.

"I'm in bed." he makes a remark, as I sigh annoyed and tired.

"Just sleep." I mutter again, making him complain more.

"It's already 9:30 in the morning." he tells me pointedly, though I just groan in annoyance.

"Don't care." I mutter. I squint, as I watch him get up and out of the bed.

"I shall go and get ready, you keep sleeping." he tells me, I hum in agreement, wanting to close my eyes again.

*

Grayson's POV:
(you better all enjoy this one, doesn't happen often, lmao)
(FYI: if it's horrendous please tell me)

I sit down in my chair, picking out another book. Over the top of the now open page, I see Lieta still asleep. I was worried about her. She wasn't used to the threats or the pressure.

I hadn't made the best first impression. She seemed to hate me, but the shared like of beating our siblings, seems to have changed her mind.

I looked up again, not even having started the book, as a knock sounded on my door. I stood up and walked over, opening it to see Jameson in front of me.

"Morning, why aren't you down?" Jameson stares at me, as I shrug.

"Haven't bothered to leave yet, was just about to start reading till you interrupted me." I tell him, shrugging my shoulders again.

"You never stay up here, why haven't you moved." he states more than asks, making me shrug again.

"Little Li's staying here, isn't she?"

"Little Li?" I ask, confused by his nickname for Lieta.

"I'm guessing you never asked yourself, which of the two billionaires is younger?" he raised an eyebrow.

"I've always known.", I reply, as if it was obvious, "Still, why's she called Little Li?"

"Didn't want to go with Heiress twice, needed a differentiation." It was his turn to shrug, as I groaned.

"Can I get to my book now?" I ask, crossing my arms, though he just shrugs.

"I was hoping to know about your little hook up." he grins, making me groan in annoyance.

"There was no 'little hookup', she's just been worried ever since you were shot at in Blackwood." I explain, though he just smirks at me.

"You know...., I can tell when you're lying." he smirks again, though I know he can't, he's never been able to tell a single one, he just acts like he can.

"You've never been able to tell lie from truth, one of your flaws, dear brother. Now if you'd leave me be, I'd like to go read." I close the door against his protests and lock it just as quickly, before he starts trying to knock it down.

"Little hookup, huh?" I turn to see Lieta looking over, smirking at me.

"It's just Jameson." I tell her, as she just lets out a laugh.

"You seemed defensive." she states, making me turn to look away. Of course I was defensive, my brother was accusing me of something that hadn't happened up to now.

"It's fine Gray. Calm down." she smiles over, though I ignore her stare, not wanting to make myself look like more of an idiot.

"Aw, are you embarrassed?" she mocks in a childlike tone, making me want to jump off of a nearby cliff.

"Of course not." I mumble and sit myself down again.

"At least come sit next to me." She complains, patting the spot I had left around an hour ago.

"Fine." I mumble, getting up and taking my book with me. I sit myself down next to her and  I watch her quickly place her head on my leg, pulling the blanket up and snuggling into it.

I don't know if she wants me to die of a heart attack, but she was certainly succeeding. I was quite sure she knew what she was doing and was definitely proud. I placed a hand on her head, as I twirled one of her blonde strands and started reading my book.

Though not with much luck, as her just breathing seemed to disrupt me. The book seemed to be useless, so I put it away and started twirling another strand.

"I really hate you Lieta." I muttered under my breath, though not believing a word I had just said.

"I hate you too Gray." I hear her mumble quietly, as I look down not having realised she was awake ish.

There was a small smile playing at her lips, so I was guessing I was alright. Hopefully.

(2/2/23)