24

"What are the tunnels?" I questioned quietly, as Grayson stood, once we had finally reached the bottom.

"I'll come down soon!" Xander yelled from above, as I nodded, though I quickly realised he couldn't see me and flushed pink with embarrassment.

The tunnels were dimly lit with walls made out of stone. I looked around, as Grayson cleared his throat.

"I don't want to seem too full of myself, but you are still holding my arm, which I'm flattered by, but I won't be able to do anything, whilst you're holding me in place." he stared down at me, making my eyes go wide, as I quickly let go.

"I wasn't telling you to let go, I was saying maybe walk with me." he held his hand out towards me again with a look of expectancy. I quickly grabbed his hand with my own and looked away, as a smirk graced his lips.

"You're adorable." I heard him mutter under his breath with a smile, as he too looked away, making me flush an even brighter pink than earlier.

"I say we go this way." he pointed towards one of the three tunnel directions.

"Are you sure?" I questioned, though he nodded without a second thought, pulling me with him.

"The gargoyle should be the hint of direction." he motioned towards one on the wall, as I looked at it. It was an ugly looking thing, though I hoped they all looked like that for me to not hate that one.

"It looks like the ones in the Great Room and it's also pointing in that direction." he pointed at the finger, suddenly I felt a little ridiculous, though I ignored it and walked next to him.

After around five to ten minutes we hit a dead end. "There must be a secret door." I said annoyed, letting go of Grayson's hand and walking towards the wall. I started pressing small stones on the wall, as Grayson sighed.

"Maybe the gargoyle lied." Grayson muttered, looking back through the tunnel from where we had come from. I shook my head and walked throughout the large dead end we had found.

"Grayson." I said, as I knelt down. I had found a small engraving in a grate in the floor. The letters M. E. .

"Come and find me." Grayson muttered, as I nodded. He bent down next to me and tried lifting the grate. It came out of the ground, so he put it to one side, it revealed a ladder beneath the ground, which I grinned at.

"It was telling the truth." he grinned, as I smiled up at him. We descended down the ladder and ended up in a smaller room. "Your initials Li." Grayson pulled me in front of him, I stared at the small engravings. L. M. C.

I stepped even closer, when a light started passing over my face. Clearly a scanner, as it was red and beeped when it had finished. The wall opened up in two, as we watched it move. Grayson came up from behind me and put a hand onto each of my shoulders. I didn't notice, as my hands went up to lay on top of his.

"This doesn't look good." Grayson looked around the new room, which had opened up.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"There are all of our initials. Xander's, Jameson's, mine and Nash's and it seems, Avery's." he stepped forward next to me, as I looked at the initials across the walls.

"Four locks for the four brothers and the second mystery girl." I rubbed my temple, as Grayson shook his head.

"I'll go and get them. You stay here, okay?" he came over and placed a light kiss to my forehead, climbing up the ladder I watched him leave.

*

I sat against the wall waiting for them to all get back, as I heard movement from above. I walked over towards the ladder, assuming to see Grayson back with everyone, as I looked up, but instead I saw a girl with red hair.