Sun and Moon's Fight

Yep, I'm back at it with more fanart for the Sun and Moon Show! However, this time it's kind of old news, as this video was posted maybe a week or so ago. I made the sketches the day of, and then completed the digitalization at a snail's pace.

In my defense, I got annoyed when I couldn't make Moon's face look good in the second panel... But I did get it eventually. It's not the best, but I'm satisfied with it.

First off, sketches! I left off most of the details this time around, having decided I could add them in digitally

First off, sketches! I left off most of the details this time around, having decided I could add them in digitally. I was not happy with Moon's face in the second panel but I decided to work on that digitally.

Digital version!! I gave Sun rounded rays this time around because it just looked better, oddly enough

Digital version!! I gave Sun rounded rays this time around because it just looked better, oddly enough. As for Moon, I had to settle for him having his eyes closed in the second panel, though I originally wanted to go for open eyes that would grow manically wide in the third panel.

As for their posing, I mostly mimicked Moon spreading his arms as he responds to Sun. For Sun I tried to make it look in the first panel like he was staring at his hands anxiously/fearfully, remembering the blood staining them that day...

And in the fourth panel, when he reiterates to Moon, "I. Didn't. Do it!" he is definitely getting frustrated with (and likely very hurt by) his brother's disbelief in him, so I wanted him to appear as though he tensed up further, fists fully clenched as he raises his gaze to Moon.

I also decided to make use of my headcanon that their eyes are little display screens, and added pixels over Sun's irises in the hopes of implying that they kind of fritz up as they manifest in his eyes once more.

Lastly, I did my best to keep their bodies and arms more consistent for each panel, since last time was pretty messy on that front. Fun fact, as I was writing this out I realized that in panel one, I colored Sun's forearms with his pale yellow primary rather than his pale gold secondary.