Two Moons

For starters, context: at 12:25 of the linked video, Moon asks Sun if he can still transform when the lights go off but Sun isn't sure. They decide to try it later on and ask the audience if they would like to see two Moons, as well!

Additionally, when Eclipse first began influencing Sun and causing him to act violent, we didn't actually know it was Eclipse, so we all had free range to speculate. Here's what I told AT, at the time.

 Here's what I told AT, at the time

Yeah, uh, this didn't age well. X'D Not that I'm upset, I am absolutely loving the Sun and Moon Show's take on Eclipse and how it's evolved over the past few months! Still, I can't help thinking about how it might have gone if I had been right...

 X'D Not that I'm upset, I am absolutely loving the Sun and Moon Show's take on Eclipse and how it's evolved over the past few months! Still, I can't help thinking about how it might have gone if I had been right

Ta daaah, a little AU where Two Moons became a reality! Before I go into the design process, I'll go over the AU basics:

Eclipse is non-existent in this AU. The source of the conflict is the homicide code that Moon purposely left behind when they separated, which reactivated after a little bit and began integrating with Sun's AI, causing him to become more aggressive and violent. When he transforms into his Moon form, his capacity for violence and aggression peaks.

Just to note!! In this AU, the "new Moon" is not a third AI, it is still 100% Sun. He's just changed forms and- due to programming- only responds to Moon or Moonrise, since in SAMS canon his full name is Sunrise. (Whereas, Moon's full name is Moondrop.)

I won't go into too much detail, because I'm planning on writing up a little drabble for this AU in Security Breach Adventures!

Moving on, here's the design process!

For starters, it would have been boring AF to just draw two of my usual Moons, so I designed them both to be visibly different from one another by way of color palettes and apparel!

Moondrop's palette is just the same one as my normal Moon's. Moonrise's, however, takes more colors from Sun and has a few new ones mixed in. The stars and the stripes lining his frills are colored in with the same gold as Sun's, well, suns and stripes. The reds are the same as Sun's, as well as the cerulean blue colors used in his iris and pupil. The new blue colors I implemented are supposed to be dark and not too saturated so they don't interact poorly with the reds and golds.

For apparel, I decided to make use of some tidbits we learn in the show- when Sun and Moon react to TikToks before Eclipse reveals himself, you learn that Moon doesn't actually like wearing the waist frills. (Or the tutu, as Sun calls it.) So, I gave him a capelet and waist-sash instead.

I like to imagine that in-universe, Moon was wholly focused on designing his new body and wasn't thinking about the apparel, so Sun decided to sew up a little capelet and sash as gifts!

Meanwhile, Moonrise wears all the same apparel as my normal Moon design, because he is of course simply Sun reskinned, shall we say. I imagine that Moonrise- bar his eye color and maybe the color of his frill collar- is basically just how Moondrop looked when they shared a body, in this AU. Mostly like canon Moon from the game, but with different colors.

I have to say, I like how the red ribbons and frills looks on Moonrise. It gives me "Cyber Shaggy from ScoobyDoo and the Cyber Chase" vibes. :3

... And in the end, we did technically get two Moons in SAMS canon, if you count Lunar.