Chapter 19

When the next morning came, both Jimin and Jungkook hardly spoke to each other as they were too lost in their thoughts. They did their usual morning routine together but instead of having conversations during that, they kept quiet. The silence was deafening. Anyone who doesn't know the reason for their quietness, would assume that they are having a lovers' quarrel when in truth they are thinking about the situation that they're in.

Even though they are vampires and don't necessarily sleep, one can still say they didn't sleep a wink last night. Jungkook was thinking about his past with Taehyung, replaying every event trying to figure out if there were any hidden messages as to why his ex best friend was like this. Jimin on the other hand was playing Sherlock. He too wanted to know the reason for this feud between the two males. He needed answers, but where to get them? How is he going to prove that there is a logical explanation for all of this?

Jimin is still sticking to his impression of Tae, he kind of reminds him of himself in a way. He knows all too well how it feels to have someone disappointed or unsupportive of your dreams, he never knew his father but he knows what it is like to have a mother's love, a mother's support, someone who went far and wide to ensure that you got what you needed to achieve your dreams. Which is why he believes that Tae is hurting just as much as Jungkook. Both of them are victims, pawns even, in something unimaginable. Call him crazy for thinking like this but he's pretty sure that when the truth comes out, he will know if his hunches are correct or not.

It was now 2pm in the afternoon and the boys still hadn't spoken to each other and neither of them noticed. It was only until they started feeling dizzy that they broke the silence.  "Is it me or is this room spinning?"  Jimin asked to which Jungkook replied  "Nope I feel it too...We need blood now or it's gonna get worse"  Jimin got up and headed to the kitchen but to his dismay there was no more blood in sight which means they need to go hunting.

Kook sensed the slight distress in his mate and shakily made his way towards him.  "What is it babe?", "Blood...gone...all of it"  were the only words Jimin could mutter out. Without wasting any more time they gathered what they needed for packaging the blood and they were out the door. They dizzily made their way to the forest where they were in search of any wild animal to sink their fangs into.

Luckily it didn't take long for them to spot not one but two prey. Just a few yards ahead of them were a wild boar on the right and a bat-eared fox on the left. They crossed paths with each other since they had their own preferences. Jimin and Jungkook fought through the dizziness and got on their marks as if running a race. They kept their prey in their line of sight before sprinting towards them after a few seconds.

Jimin ran after the wild boar as he suddenly had a craving for it's blood. The boar was a tricky one, it sensed danger and rounded up its babies before heading to a burrow in the ground. Jimin had no idea how he was going to get fed at this point, it wasn't like he could go in after them....or could he? Jimin quickly inspected the hole and noticed that he's small enough to fit through so with a smirk he went down the hole looking for his meal.

Meanwhile Jungkook decided to play with his food before tackling it. He loved watching bat-eared foxes when they sensed danger. Their ears would move like little satellites picking up faint sounds and vibrations. Jungkook has the ability to move very quietly and lightly without producing any vibrations. However, since he wanted to have a little fun, he made sure to make sounds every time he leaped from tree to tree or bush to bush so the fox would know that it is being hunted. He chuckled when he saw the fox take off and using his bionic vision, he saw that 100 yards from where he was hiding, was a burrow...most likely where the fox lived.

He wanted to play some more but the increasing pain and dizziness told him otherwise. He wobbly ran after the fox concealing all sound vibrations and just before the fox ran into the hole, he pounced on it breaking its neck in the process. He wasted no time sinking his fangs into the dead animal under him. He groaned as he felt the blood going down his throat.  "Gosh it's been a while since I had this"  he said when he finally pulled away. He looked around to see if he could spot his lovely mate anywhere, then suddenly he heard a loud thud beside him. When he looked he saw a dead piglet laying there.