22

-𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 22-

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

~Third-Person Pov~

Y/n had finished her homework for the day and was now trying to think of some Quidditch tactics. The only reason she finished her work was that she had been sitting in the library without the twins bugging her every five seconds. The library was the only place she could work and concentrate.

"Y/n?" She heard a familiar voice come up behind her.

"Oh, hey Wyatt, hey Noah." She turned around to see the two boys behind her. "What's up?"

"Nothing really, just returning a book about Divination. It still doesn't make sense."

"I came along because I didn't have anything to do." Noah shrugged.

"That's nice." She smiled and turned around, back to her scribbled-up parchment.

"What's this?" Noah sat next to her, while Wyatt went to the other side of the table to sit in front of them.

"I'm trying to think of some Quidditch tactics to use for the next game."

"What's that part?" He pointed his finger at the three circles on top of the lines that she had drawn to be the goals.

"Those are the goals. This is Oliver because he is our keeper." She pointed to the little stick person on a broom that was drawn in front of the goals.

"Is that you?" He then pointed to a figure with a ball in hand and a heart drawn around it.

"How'd you know?"

"Maybe because there's a heart drawn around it?" Wyatt laughed, leaning over the table.

"Because I'm the best player, obviously. Now you see this Noah, I was thinking of maybe using a 'Hawkshead Attacking Formation' it's when the three chasers form an arrowhead pattern, like how geese fly. It's supposed to be intimidating to the other team and force them to the side. I found that move in 'Quidditch through the ages'."

"And chasers do what again?"

"Oh, Noah, you poor thing." She placed a hand on his shoulder, "There are three chasers on a team, one of them is me." She paused and smiled at him, "We're in charge of scoring points for our team by throwing the Quaffle, a leather ball, through the goal." She showed him the picture that she had drawn.

"That makes a little sense."

"How much do you know about it, Noah?" Wyatt had asked, thinking they were going to be there all day with Y/n explaining the sport to him.

"I know there are seven people on a team, there are four balls. And the seeker has to try and catch the golden one to end the game."

"Golden Snitch." Y/n corrected the boy, "The other three are the Quaffle, and the two Bludgers. The Bludgers try to knock players off their brooms. So the Beaters, who are players, there's two of them, they hit them away with a bat. The Keeper defends the goal. Have you ever watched a game?"

"I have! But it all goes so fast that I can't keep up with it."

"Makes sense." Y/n tilted her head to one side.

"You seem to know everything there is to it."

"It's sort of a hobby."

"More like an obsession." Wyatt joined in, "An unhealthy obsession."

"I wouldn't put it that way." The girl raised an eyebrow.

"Maybe not you, but everyone else would. Every time I see you, you always bring up Quidditch at least one time."

"Ok, fine. It runs in the family."

"I know, you say that every time."

"Even I know that, and I hardly know anything about it." Noah held back a laugh.

"Sweet Noah, I love you, but just shut up."

"Ok."

She rolled her eyes and went back to scribbling on her parchment. 

"I wonder if they have the Quidditch book now." She stood up and went to the Librarians desk, "excuse me, er, Madam Pince."

"Yes?" Madam Pince said, without looking up from her paperwork.

"Do you have Quidditch through the ages?"

"No, one of the Woods has it." Still, she hadn't looked up, "Those Woods are all over that book. It's always, 'Do you have any quidditch books?' they need to let other kids read that book. And every other book we have on that topic, they've read them all ten times or more." Y/n cleared her throat to get the grumpy librarian's attention, "Oh, I'm so sorry Miss. Wood." Her eyes widened behind her glasses.

"Just be glad that we read, unlike some people." She scoffed and walked back to her table.

"What was that about?" Wyatt looked up at her.

"Just Madam Pince overexaggerating on how many times my brother and I read Quidditch books."

"Probably ten times each."

"That's exactly what she said."

"She is quite rude. She yelled at me when I returned a herbology book with a speck of dirt on it. She said that I should be glad that the book didn't scream at me. I tried to explain to her why, but she didn't want to hear a word from me."

"Poor baby Noah. It'll be ok." She said, earning a glare from the boy.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆