23

-𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 23-

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

~Third-Person Pov~

Y/n had been wandering in a random corridor by herself until someone had run up to her. Her alone time had been disturbed.

She half expected it to be one of the Weasley twins, but she was surprised when she was proven wrong. "Y/n." She turned around to see a bushy-haired girl standing behind her.

"Hello Hermione, what can I do for you on this lovely day?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to maybe hang out with me, Harry, and Ron. You've seemed very distant recently." She looked down at her hands.

"Sure, sorry. I guess I've been distracted by some things. What are you guys doing?"

"Well, we were sort of just sitting around. I think Harry and Ron were playing chess in the common room."

"Ok, yeah." She smiled and followed the girl up to the Gryffindor common room.

"Hi, Y/n!" Harry beamed once he saw the girl walk into the room.

"Hey." She grinned at the boy.

"That's again for the map." He lowered his voice so no one but the four could hear.

"Merlin, you gave it to him?" I thought Fred and George did." Ron looked up from their game of wizarding chess.

"We all did." She said quietly.

"You should have turned it in, to Professor McGonagall, Y/n! Harry is, though, right Harry?" Hermione added quickly, as she always did.

"Yeah, definitely." He shook his head with a 'no' ad he noticed Hermione looking away.

Y/n held in a laugh as she sat next to Harry, who sat across from Ron. "She's never gonna let that go." 

"Of course not."

"So, what have you been up to?" Ron questioned.

"Quidditch, shutting up the carrots, trying to get Lee and Oliver together."

"Carrots? I don't know carrots could talk."

"Ron, mate, magic is a thing, anything is possible at this point. Harry's eyes widened, "I still can't believe most things I've seen in the past three years."

"Not talking carrots, Ron. I call your lovely brother's carrots because they look like some. Now that I'm thinking of it, I see the resemblance, you look like a carrot too!"

"Bloody hell Y/n."

"He's ginger, of course, he looks like one." Hermione laughed at her words and sat next to Ron. 

"Your cat looks like a squashed carrot if you ask me."

"No one asked you, Ronald."

"And no one asked you about my hair."

"Look at them, fighting like an old married couple." Harry leaned over and whispered to Y/n.

"One day they will get married and fight every wakening moment. When Mione asked if I wanted to hang out, I didn't know she meant to sit around and listen to them argue." She said over their bickering.

"Just play your damn move, Ron." Harry sighed as he looked down at the chess board between the two.

"Fine, fine." He took his next turn and took out one of Harry's pieces, "Question, why do you like my brothers so much?"

"I never said I liked them. They annoy me on a daily basis, but they insist they need to distract me from Quidditch because I have an 'unhealthy obsession'." She put air quotation marks around the last two words she said.

"Y/n dear, I'm afraid that you do have a-" Hermione started, but Y/n dreaded the next few words, so she cut her off instead.

"Hermione, dear, I'm afraid that I don't accept people's negative thoughts."

"You need to get into something else."

"Hermione, you know her brother, there's no hope for him. There's probably none for her, either."

"I'll act like your mother, don't test me. I'll also pretend that I didn't hear that. Honestly, I don't see why you guys wanted to hang around if all we're going to do is argue. This is turning out to be like Lee and Lia. Don't make this turn into a shoving match, because that'll be my ticket out the door."

"Listen to her for one. She had a point, can we just finish this game?" Harry slapped his forehead with his hand. The two only had one more move until the game had finished, it was an easy win for Ron since he was a pro at the game.

As if  things couldn't get any more chaotic, "Ron, I think mum sent these for you." Ginny came down from the girls' dormitory holding an empty bag. "They were cookies, but I may have ate them all. Errol brought them to me. I found a letter with it though, it said to share with the rest of us, but I saw it once I finished them off." She flung the bag at his face.

"I don't want this, throw it away yourself."

"I did, your trash just like it-"

"Ginny!" Ron played his last move, winning the game, and then stood up to chase his sister.

"You can go do your own thing now Y/n, I don't think he's going to stop anytime room." Hermione spoke sadly as she watched  Ron chase Ginny around the common room.

"It's fine. I rather watch this go down."

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆