The Journey To Them

Birch's POV

I was freaking out.

After Mr. Silas gave me a red hoodie that was way too big on me, and a pair of black boxers and black leggings, I changed in the bathroom. He said that my feet were too tiny for anyones shoes at the house to borrow so I wore the white hospital slippers with red long socks. Let's just say to someone else, I looked so stupid. But I didn't care how I looked to other people; Mr. Silas gave me clean clothes, with no tears or stains! Although the brace was still uncomfortable to wear, but Mr. Silas said that I had to wear it til the doctor said to take it off.

I was so happy, but I knew this was short lived until Mr. Silas grew to hate me like my father did. But at least I could wear clean clothes for a few hours, I knew he'd probably make me sleep in a dirty basement like sir did. But nonetheless, I was still grateful.

That's until he walked me out of the hospital and took me to what he called the car. I had never seen or been in one before, what did it do?

My father homeschooled us until I was eight and I had never seen anything like it before. It was so shiny and black, I wanted to touch it but I didn't want my dirty fingerprints messing up the shine.

Mr. Silas opened the side of the car and a door was opened, to put it mildly I was fascinated. I just gave him a questioning look and wrote on his forearm:
WHAT DOES IT DO?

He looked at me with sad eyes and rubbed his hand over his face, sighed and said, "You've never seen or been in a car before, Birch?"

I shook my head and blushed in embarrassment. There are so many things I'm ignorant to. So many things I don't know or understand.

The only reason I knew I was gay when I was eight was I had seen a magazine in a dumpster close to the park, and saw a pretty male model on the front. His pretty face made my heart feel all fluttery and warm, I wanted to kiss him like I saw a couple kissing in the park. But, I didn't like how the girl looked and I never felt that nice fluttery feeling around girls.

I had asked Iris about it and she told me that she read about it and says it's called being gay. I had always wondered what it meant and she said it's like mom and dad were married, but I would have a husband and not a wife.

I had asked her what she meant by that but she never told me. I also asked her if she wanted a husband or a wife and she said with a shrug, "Either or both, I dunno. Maybe I'll know more when we're older."

The next morning I told father, I was so excited about my newfound knowledge and wanted to share it with him. But we all know how that turned out...

I was brought back to the present when Mr. Silas said, "A car is a machine that takes you from one place to another. It's totally safe, don't worry."

I nodded and was looking down at my slippers. They were so soft and squishy, I loved squishing my little toes into the foam on the bottom.

I got out of my fascination with my new slippers when I felt Mr. Silas pick me up and sit me in the car and put on what he called a seatbelt on me. I hated this contraption, it felt suffocating on my broken ribs. I tried taking it off, but Mr. Silas stalled my movements saying that it's for my safety.

I huffed and stared at my hands and had a small freak out when I heard the car start with a loud roar. I almost laughed at how it sounded like a lion.

"I definitely should've brought the SUV instead..." I heard Mr. Silas mutter to himself. I had no idea what that was, but I was interested to learn.

As Mr. Silas started what he called driving the car, I literally held onto the door for dear life. God, cars are so scary. Especially when another one made a loud beep; Mr.Silas said that I could relax, that I was safe now but I was scared for my life.

I spent the five hour journey too scared to move or do anything. Although Mr. Silas made me eat a few bits of a chicken wrap and some water, but I quickly got full which I saw his disappointment at. I decided to ignore his looks and look at the pretty trees and birds, as he ate his ham wrap and my chicken one. I almost shivered at how much food he was eating but I knew he's a lot bigger than me, so maybe he needs more food than I do.

When we arrived to the institute, it looked like a huge mansion. It was so pretty with so many trees and a huge black gate that we used to enter the property, and a big fountain that I totally wanted to play in!

As soon as Mr. Silas stopped the car, I undid my seatbelt and jumped out of the car. God, I hate that car contraption! I almost kissed the gravel under my feet, but I knew that would be weird so I refrained from doing that.

I heard a car door open and close and then him closing my door and saying, "Baby boy, you need to wait for me to come and get you! You could've gotten hurt." He picks me up as I huff in annoyance, I'm not a baby!

He starts walking towards the big black mansion doors and says, "Okay, it's time for you to meet the others, don't worry they'll like you."

I sigh as I look at the doors opening, hoping that maybe I will be safe here. That's all I want, I don't want or need something frivolous like happiness or love. All I want is safety, and if Mr. Silas can't give me that, then I'll escape and find my own. I'm perfectly fine on my own, I have been alone since Iris died. I miss her, but I need to find out where I belong.

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

Hey guys, it's the author.

I'm soooo sorry about me not updating my books in such a long time.

My grandfather is sick and needing me and my family to help give him medical care.

But, he's home from the hospital now and I hope I'll be able to update each of my books in the next two weeks.

This one really inspired me and if you guys have any ideas or funny mentions you want me to add, please ask!

I'm not one of those authors that doesn't answer or mention their readers recommendations.

Everyone matters!

And remember, Love is Love! 🏳️‍🌈

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️