Nap Interrupted

Birch's POV

I was jolted awake by someone bouncing on my bed like a maniac. I knew before I opened my eyes it was Roman being his normal crazy self.

"Rome, go take a nap... I'm sleepy." He just chuckled at me as he continued jumping on my bed like a deranged monkey.

I sigh as I open my eyes and he gives me his biggest smile and exclaimed, "You're doing so good at talking! I really have to say, I would take all the credit but we all know the work was a group effort so blah!"

He jumped off the bed dramatically and pulled me up as we started running down the halls. I was getting breathless fast, my rib brace doesn't really allow for me to fully expand my lungs like I wished it would so this feels like death, not literally but you get the gist.

We finally made it to the large living room with all the guys hanging out and playing video games.

I was hunched over, trying to catch my breath as Mr. Silas gives Roman a disapproving look and said, "Roman! How many times do I have to tell you to not go running through the house! And especially with Birch."

Roman rolled his eyes as he plopped on the couch and started playing with the guys. A few of the guys were looking at me worried but I soon got my breathing back as Mr. Silas led me to his office.

After he opened the door, he led me to his desk and pulled up and extra chair for me to sit in.

I patiently waited for Mr. Silas to tell me what is going on. He's sighed as he looked at me in a contemplative manner and said, "I need to give you your full classification examination, and we'll also go over a few things after, okay?"

I nodded at him, and he gave me a large packet of papers, and told me to begin. He helped me whenever I needed him to explain words or meanings that I didn't know.

It took me a few hours to go through the packet , and then we were ready for the next part of the classification test.

He held up certain cards and asked me if I wanted them . Like pacifier versus no pacifier, teddy bear versus racing car, cartoons on television versus book, Video games versus train set, Crib versus toddler bed, Sippy cup versus bottle.

We went through them quickly and then moved on to the next part of the classification test which was the serum.

He lead me to the medical part of his office, which was connected through a door. We went through the door and he laid me down onto the small hospital bed, which he had to help me up because I was so small.

"Birch, sweetie, I'm going to need you to relax and breathe in and out slowly but deeply, but not too deeply so you don't hurt your ribs. When you're ready, I'm going to inject you and then we will truly know your headspace age." Mr. Silas said to me in a soft voice.

I nodded at him, I know that I'm a little, it's painfully obvious, but part of me didn't want to be one. I know that I can't fight my true nature but a part of me wants to fight being a little kid again because of all the pain I went through the first time.

But I know that Silas or any of the boys would never hurt me like father hurt me. And even how Iris, even though she never meant to hurt me, but she did and I don't know how to get over that.

Part of me wants to forget the past, everything that happened and start again. I hope my new future here with Silas and everyone else will give me that happy future I still crave.

I close my eyes as I took a deep breath, envisioning the future that I want. Thinking about the last time I was in my headspace it felt so nice so I smiled and took a deep breath and after a moment I felt the needle go inside my arm.

I could feel the drugs, causing a haze over my mind as it started to take over my system. I could feel Silas running his fingers through my curls as I went into a deep sleep.

I don't know what happened while I was sleeping, It was all hazy my dream it was full of blurs of childish toys and happiness. The feeling of happiness and overwhelming safety and I could feel that I wanted it.

I woke up with big innocent eyes and just wanted to be held, held up my arms and made grabby hands, Silas smiled at me in a breathtaking smile and held me and his strong arms.

I knew I was safe here with my daddy.

🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿

A.N:

Sorry for the short chapter guys, I've been dealing with mental health issues and family problems lately.

I hope you like where I'm going with this! Next will be a cute Easter chapter!

I'm excited to get more into the guys back stories and into Birch being his adorable self and more Roman being his crazy amazing self!

And to answer some of your questions, no I don't think the guys get jealous over one person in the relationship being more 'paired' with another. Favorites happen and each of their classifications and personality types need something else.

It's okay to just want cuddles and innocent kisses from your significant other, sex is not always the answer and some people are uncomfortable with it.

So some of the guys are sexual, and some are not and they keep an open communication about that.

Thanks for reading!

Much love,
Sunny ☀️