Lost Baby Boy

Arundelle's POV

Arundelle's POV

We were all outside playing soccer and swimming in the pool when Silas comes up to us looking panicked and disheveled.

Hades immediately jumps into action and says, "What happened Sy?"

Silas rolls his eyes and looks exasperated and says, "Notice anyone missing?"

We all look around and shake our heads no.

He sighs and says, "The newest recruit... Birch isn't here or in his room or anywhere in the house. I can't believe we forgot to get him for breakfast! I don't know what happened, did he leave us already?"

I sighed as we all crowded around Silas. I felt terrible, how did we forget so easily about the cute little guy? Probably because we were too focused on ourselves and Birch has been hiding since he got here.

"We should search the property and forest!" Said Jewel.

"It's just after 1 o'clock now, so let's hope we find him before dinner." Paisley said looking worried.

We all split up into groups and scanned the forest for him, but this place is huge and he's so small. Why in the heck is he in the forest?

I was in a group with Xavier, Malakai and Myka, Silas was with Jewel and Paisley, Paris was with Roman, Basil and Hades.

We all headed out into the forest after we changed into proper clothes and had our phones with us and a backpack with water and snacks.

**** Time Skip to 10 pm ****

It feels like we've been searching this damned forest for forever. Myka was loving seeing all the plants and flora but Xavier was scowling the entire time and Malakai was just worried for the little guy.

I just got a message from Silas saying that we need to head home soon. I told him we were going to check the clearing on the other side of the property and then head home.

It made my heart clench painfully thinking about him spending the night in the forest, but if we don't find him by morning we'll call the local police force.

When we got into the clearing, the most gut wrenching scene was waiting for us. Birch was scream crying into his hands, by the look on his face you could tell it had nothing to do with being lost in the forest and everything to do with the trauma his father wrought on him.

When Silas informed all of us about Birch's past, it broke all of our hearts. Especially Jewel, he's such a kind hearted and sweet boy, he has never lived through such cruelty.

I watched as Birch passed out from exhaustion and stress, after a few minutes of us all calming down Myka sat down next to Birch and ran his fingers through his hair and said, "We promise to protect and love you, please don't give up."

I smiled at him and gave Birch a kiss on the forehead as Malakai placed the flower crown from Birch's head onto his own, he was just adorable.

Xavier picked up and carried Birch as I texted Silas telling him we found our lost boy.

It didn't take us long to get back to the house, maybe a half hour walk. But when we entered through the back door we were greeted by all our loves huddled around the dining room table, looking stressed.

"Go clean up for bed, boys. We'll have a conversation with Birch in the morning about wandering off and the house rules. What happened wasn't his fault but ours, for being so careless as to forget him and our responsibilities to his person. He's our responsibility now, and we need to show him that we care." Silas looked perplexed on the situation, and for good reason.

It's a difficult situation we are all in now, and I know Malakai and I would protect Birch. But would the more angry members of this household give him the same respect, or would they push him away?

Only time will tell.