Rage

*This is a teaser chapter, a prelude to the very long next chapter that I'm currently writing. I loved your comments on the last chapter and am planning a cute and fun chapter for Halloween as well!*

Much love,
Sunny 🌞

Silas' POV

It was so cute how Birch was so excited to play in this littles friendly playground, we really should've tried to get him out more but with classifying him and getting him comfortable enough around us has been a struggle to say the least.

Plus he's so sensitive and small, he seems like a fragile bird that could break at any moment. We were lucky the police got him out of that horrid house after they had some concerning reports from neighbors and from his father, William's last girlfriend who was scared for the small broken boy chained in the dining room.

I couldn't believe that they chained a boy, a child like that! It enrages me that no one thought to check on the twins, that there's no real system in place to check on children in need like that.

Things changed so much after the classification system came in place, and with Birch and Iris being born off the grid at home, and with no real identification cards or any real education...

It was like those parents wanted them to be forgotten. I still don't know how I feel about Birch's mother coming back into his life like that, I can feel that something traumatic happened back then.

As a therapist and psychiatrist it's my duty to help those in need, and who am I to say she can't be helped too?

I feel like I'm trying to solve the mystery of Birch's life with only a few of the clues. It's so frustrating, but I can't push him too much. If I do, then all the progress we've made with him could come crashing down.

I look over to Paisley as he starts setting out the food for our picnic, and watch as Birch comes out of the tunnel with a little girl.

It's funny how even the girl is taller than Birch, he'd pout and complain about us all being giants, he's just too cute.

We all watch them go near the sandbox, but none of us could see them since the jungle gym obstructed our view. But we knew they were fine, it was a littles play ground anyway.

It was the second safest place for Birch to play, other than at our estate. We were all confident that the security systems in place would keep us all safe.

"Jewel, sweetie, can you go grab Birch for lunch?" Paisley called from his place on the blankets. The food looked delicious and I couldn't wait to grab some.

Jewel nodded his head and walked off, him and Roman had really taken a liking to Birch. They love involving him in their hobbies and showing him new things and games to play. Birch's favorite has to be the coloring game on Jewels phone, he loves doing that while we make breakfast.

I immediately get worried when I see Jewel come back crying with no Birch. Is he hurt or upset? Where's my baby?!

I wipe the tears off his face as I ask, "What happened, Jewel. I promise not to be mad at you, we just need to know where Birch is."

I noticed from the corner of my eye, Hades walking off with Xavier. Most likely going to look for Birch on there own to save time. Plus, they hated seeing the others cry, it made them uncomfortable and they didn't know how to deal with emotions like that well.

"H-he's g-g-gone! Couldn't find him, the little girl he was playing with was crying for her mommy. Where's Birch?!" Jewel sobbed out, he was almost hyperventilating with how upset he was.

I was getting increasingly more worried and upset, I knew Birch would never walk off on his own. He was too scared and his anxiety would never allow him to do something like that.

I tried soothing Jewel, but he only wanted to be alone right now. He always hated too much physical contact and his nerves were going haywire right now.

I saw Hades returning back with an angry, almost murderous look on his face as he tapped on a tablet in his hands.

I quickly walked over to him and asked, "Got anything on Birch? Everyone's kinda on edge right now, any news would be great right now."

Hades grunted at me and said, "Definitely have news, but none of its good. Xavier is questioning the little girl and her caregivers right now. But look at this, we got video from the security feeds that I may or may not of hacked and got an image. It's grainy but it's definitely Birch with this man."

I quickly took the tablet and looked at the video, I almost collapsed when I saw who it was.

A ghost from my past, and someone who was supposed to be dead for over a decade.

Seeing his face didn't just fill me with rage, but with a new purpose. I will find him, and when I do nothing will stop the reckoning that will befall Constantine Blackwell, my father from stealing Birch away from us.

I have very particular set of skills that most of the boys don't know about. It's from my past life, before I knew them.

I just hope that they won't hate me for what I'll have to become to save Birch.