A School Rivalry With A Side Of Idol Hatred.

A/N: Yo. I took a second to think about where I want the final parts of this season to lead when it comes to season 3. After the Miku arc is Kurumi's Star Festival. Then we'll do a chapter or two of normal everyday Spirit shenanigans that'll lead into season 3. That way we can get more use to Miku and the twins. As usual, enjoy.

Alarm: "Wake up! Oi-"

Y/N: *He turns off his alarm* "Ughhhhhh..."

He sluggishly drips off the bed.

Y/N: Another boring day.

He wakes up a little more as he hears footsteps approach his door. 

Y/N: Hm? Is Kotori going to wake me up today? "Come in."

He waits for the inevitable, but it never comes. Instead, after a few seconds of waiting, he hears someone run away. 

Y/N: "Eh?" Maybe she thought I was already awake? *He sighs* Better than her bursting into my room.I need to get up.

He falls onto the floor before getting up. He changes his clothes and fixes his hair. He smells something delicious coming from downstairs and goes to investigate. 

Y/N: Seems like Shido's made breakfast again. "Hey, that smells good."

He turns the corner not to find Shido, but instead finds a pink-haired childhood friend.

Rinne: "Ah~! So you are awake!"

She turns down the heat on the stove and rushes over to Y/N.

Y/N: Who is she? "R... Rinne?"

He's almost startled by the affectionate hug Rinne's giving him.

Rinne: "Y/N-kun! Y/N-kun! I'm back!"

Y/N: "Welcome back?"

Rinne: *She looks up at Y/N* "Did you miss me?"

Y/N: I did. It's been too long. "Of course I did."

Rinne: "I'm sorry about the extended wait, father's work took too long. But I'm here now, so that's all that matters!"

Y/N: "Right." 

He looks around the room before looking back at Rinne.

Y/N: "I see you haven't lost the key to our house."

Rinne: "I would never!" *She smiles brightly* "I actually made it into a neckless. That way I'll never lose it."

She lifts the key from under her shirt. She holds it up for Y/N to see.

Rinne: "I always keep it close to my heart. Is that... Okay with you?"

Y/N: "T-That's fine with me."

Rinne: "Then I'm glad."

She puts the key back and sinks more into her hug with Y/N. She closes her eyes and buries herself in Y/N's shoulder.

Y/N: This feels strange, yet familiar.

He also reciprocates Rinne's affection and hugs her back. They lose themselves in the moment. Two friends finally reunited after a long time. Their moment is sadly cut short by Shido.

Shido: "Oi, you two. You shouldn't forget about what's on the stove."

Rinne: "Oh! Sorry!" 

She stops hugging Y/N and quickly bows before returning to the stove.

Rinne: "I totally forgot!"

Shido: "Geez. Sometimes you're just as forgetful as Aniki."

Y/N: What's that supposed to mean? "Hey!"