Lesson Five: Sometimes The Shortest Path To One's Heart Is A Straight Line.

A/N: Henlo! Welcome to another Kishi-sensei original chapter! I'm probably going to make one of these every season. After this, we will begin the second OVA and Mayuri's judgment shortly after.

After talking with Miku and the other Spirits on the roof, Y/N goes home. School had been canceled for the day because of the events of the festival. Y/N sits on the couch and relaxes.

Y/N: First time in what feels like a while. No Spirits to worry about. No major threats throwing missiles at me. And no one's dead. Though, I guess that's not too much of a good one. Still need to work on that one.

He grabs his notebook out of his pocket and begins filling it with new information.

Y/N: A lot of new details. Some even about myself. 

He thinks back to the start of the week.

Y/N: I think Kurumi's the scariest Spirit by far. Her abilities are too versatile. I should take extra care when dealing with her. At all costs, I can never let her obtain my notes.

He draws a new image of Kurumi.

Y/N: Then there's Miku. Her ability to control almost everyone is dangerous. Though it's only because I don't want to kill anyone. She's powerless against someone like Ellen, Westcott, Kurumi, or inversed Spirits.

He draws a picture of Miku's Angel.

Y/N: Nothing new on Kotori or Rinne.

He reviews her page.

Y/N: Shido. It seems that he's able to use the abilities of other Spirits through his path. Sandalphon and the small amount of ice he made are the basics of my theory. More research is needed.

He draws a picture of Shido holding Sandalphon.

Y/N: Origami. Origami!

He stands up

 Y/N: I still haven't found Origami! How could I forget?! Wait. By now she should be safe. Miku's no longer controlling anyone. The Spirits are back to normal, and the DEM is keeping a low profile. But I should still check on her.

He puts his notes away and brings out his phone.

Y/N: I should call her. I'll text if that doesn't work, but I want to hear her voice.

He dials Origami's number.

Y/N: Pick up. Pick up. Pi-

Origami: "Did you need something, Y/N?"

Y/N: "Your location."

Origami: "I'm at my apartment. Do you need me to give you exact coordinates?"

Y/N: "No, but I advise you clean up."

Origami: "When should I expect you?"

Y/N: Good question. How long did it take last time? "In thirty minutes."

Origami: "All right. I'll be waiting for you."

Y/N: "Thanks." 

He fixes his jacket and walks to the door.

Y/N: This is for me. I'm not going to let someone else continue to control my dates. I think it's time for some new research.

As he goes to open the door, Kotori intercepts him.

Kotori: "Aniki, where are you going?"

Y/N: "To the store."

Kotori: "Lying to your adorable little sister? How could you?"

Y/N: "Very easily."

Kotori: "Sneaking off to meet a girl when you have tons who would love your attention. I didn't think you were the type."