[SEASON 1] Chapter 3

It took approximately 492 seconds for the Sun to reach the Earth. Ina's portals to various worlds only lasted for 160 seconds. True to her word, its duration was only that long. When we got to the elevator using the last portal, I was on the verge of being discombobulated in exaggerated proportions.

The elevator was now rising near the eighth floor as I regained back my sanity.

"What did you think? Better than a Ferris Wheel?" Kiara couldn't stop jumping around. This must've been their definition of fun. A regular woman would've been happy taking an escalator rather than an elevator to go to their destination. These guys? They preferred being on the edge whenever they cross a random intersection! "That never gets old! Reactions of newcomers are so fun to look at!"

Takanashi Kiara. A purebred Phoenix born from nothing but her ashes. Eternally existent. It's already plain as bread but all the idols in Hololive were graced with defect-less features. Not one ounce of imperfection dared to flinch or bite back at them and their garments maintained unblemished. Questions sprung in my head one by one. What kind of shampoo were they using to make their hair look that good? Skincare products?

Ninomae Ina'nis was someone I couldn't figure out right now. Her tentacles reminded me of a frightening Cthulhu. I have to make a constant reminder none of the idols dress normally around here.

My suit wasn't ruined but I gelled my hair this morning to look proper. It must've reverted back to the way it was like yesterday since the air pressure inside those portals were enough to get rid of the substance.

"When a man is hesitant, do you usually just pull them in your stunts without consent?" My chest was about to leave my body, my jaw was tempted to fall down to the floor and clank away like dentures.

"You're not just any man," Ina remarked, her eyes glowing with so much power it was unfathomable. These were the girls of HoloMyth. "You're family now. What we went through is called 'family bonding'. Treasure it because all you'll see on Earth are humans and animals."

"I'd take that over aliens and weird monsters living near the damn Milky Way!" I caught my breath, sweating from head to toe, checking to make sure my legs were still connected to my waist. "I could've died!"

"You wouldn't have. You have to trust us, Clay." Kiara said.

"Mhm! And that wasn't the Milky Way! We were three-hundred thousand light years away for ten seconds!"

"Are you guys really idols?!"

Hololive really was a special place. Three-hundred thousand light years... I don't know why but I imagined a person jogging in that span. Strangely, these girls could probably do that and come back having multiple abs in different facets of their body.

"We're here." The doors of the elevator opened, a ding resounded, evaporating and getting lost in the madness. Clay Johnson's finally going to meet the idol he was supposed to assist a week ago. That was me. For some reason, my confidence began lurching itself forward again as I was determined to move out of this hellish elevator. Maybe it was the fact I'm already accustomed to arriving on time or being one with the environment. I can't describe it. It was like the nervousness in my system turned into mist and once I was doing my thing, nothing else mattered besides the objective.

My mindset comprised of doing the same thing over and over on a daily basis. Sleep, eat, work and repeat. Those rules weren't tangential. My life was composed of those three basic principles and shattering them took a whole lot. Sixteen portals were definitely enough to make me go insane and forget them completely.