[SEASON 1] Chapter 12

Gura was laying down on the sand, keeping her tummy from exploding since she was laughing like a hyena.

Right now in this island, I was surrounded by five girls who could literally destroy it in mere seconds.

"You're saying you want to make a fellow v-tuber along with her fanbase forget artworks of your back because they spammed it in chat?!" The shark bellowed out with a whistle, her razor-sharp teeth in full display. "I-I can't... HAHAHA! Why do you want to erase that?! Your back on the Internet's glorious!"

"G-Gura! Geez... This is why I told everyone not to laugh when I explain..." Ina's flaps on top of her head lowered themselves like they would a puppy. "Yes, that's the sole reason why I'm on this island... Pursuing a pure magic like rendering one's memory may sound simple but this one does not have any consequences. It's a rarity. And I'm not saying I want to completely erase it on the Internet. I meant only with her fanbase..."

"Are all magic supposed to have consequences?" Amelia picked her nose. "Hm... So if I learn how to make cash out of thin air, I suppose I would be arrested."

"Is that the only thing in your mind?" Calli asked with boredom in her eyes.

"I like the color green, after all~"

"There are a number of views in the way people handle magic. Fundamentally speaking, every spell we learn has a price. It could be time or even sacrificing a life to achieve results. In basic things like creating fire or enchanting, the consequences merely do not outweigh the reward." Ina explained. "The one responsible for creating this spell is on this island. I happen to know the witch since we dabbled in some experiments before. She's quite the prodigy. I just hope she can help with this dilemma of mine and end it peacefully..."

"If you're that embarrassed about it, why go through the pain of inviting us on this short trip?" I asked. I mean, if I wanted to handle an awkward problem, I wouldn't want anyone knowing.

"You're already my friends. I figured it would be nice doing this rather than alone."

That was understandable. "Let me get this straight. A fellow v-tuber was minding her own business, said something about your back as a casual joke and her chat wouldn't stop sending links of your back afterward? Is that what you're saying? Now that we found out, are you fine we know of your awkward issue at hand?"

"Way to shorten that up, Clay." Calli slapped my upper back.

"Precisely," Ina's shoulders sagged. "I know it's a miniscule reason but this has been going on for a week now... She's still being spammed and technically it's all my fault... She even told me she became famous for it and not because of her speed-run videos..." She turned to face Amelia, square-like tears pouring out of her eye sockets. "I wantch chu do shamting abouch ith. I don't wantch her chu bi recognized only bekosh of my back... Waaa~"

Kiara held her from behind, patting her hair like a mother. "There, there, Ina, we're on this island to help you right?"

Ina sniffed. "I asked all of you for help since I don't really mind you guys not knowing."

"Wait... We're visiting a witch? Does she happen to be Murasaki Shion?" I confirmed.

"Indeed. You know her?"

"Not really but it just clicked to me. She's also an idol so I just put two and two together. As for the reason why she's here... How do you know it's her?"

"Makai Academy has a lengthy record of investigating the unknown related to magic. Murasaki Shion is a student of that academy and right now, her duty's trying to find out the cause of this island being strange. She reports these anomalies loyally to the academy. Not only that, she's well-versed with a myriad of spells that contain low-consequence." Ina showed her phone and showed a glimpse of her conversation with the witch.