[SEASON 1] Chapter 13

It didn't take long for Calli's friends to arrive. Soon as I called, Ina already made a portal pop out of thin air a few meters away from us. If I could get one of those abilities, I wouldn't have to worry about clocking in early anymore.

"I see. A gate of sorts..." Ina muttered.

"What did you guys see when you were exploring?" Calli asked.

"My magic sensor device is tracking a malicious channel of magic in the air... It's difficult to trace a map since we found out the layout of the island changes." Amelia's spatula-shaped device was beeping incessantly, only sounding frantic when she pointed it at the gate. "My gadget seems to react violently when I point it at the gate. There has to be something inside we shouldn't get ourselves involved in."

Gura raised her hand. "Not a lot of wild life here either. Save for only a few lizards and snakes, I don't see a lot of variety. Since the landforms constantly change, Ina made it a responsibility to use her portals for us to reunite in an instant. You thinking what I'm thinking, uWatson?~"

All of a sudden, the two troublemakers sprinted towards the gate until Kiara pulled at the fabric near their necks.

"Oh c'mon! We haven't seen anything important on the island! What else does this gate serve other than for us to uncover its mystery?!" Amelia retorted.

Kiara smiled sweetly, still gripping onto the two girls. "We haven't seen Murasaki Shion either. I flew around the area but I couldn't sense her using magic."

Calli stepped in. "Then me and Clay found this weird-looking gate." She hummed, an insightful finger to her lips.

It was my turn to fill in with what I knew. "Since this gate's the most unusual, declaring it being made by remnants of whatever magic this island possesses is factually acceptable. The gate, according to Amelia's device possesses an incredible amount of magic. So much so, that the animals in the island steer clear from it because of its sheer pressure. If Murasaki Shion is investigating anomalies in the island, don't you think she'd tackle the root of the source right away?"

"It's certainly possible she could be inside the gate." Ina responded calmly. "Hm... I had figured this would be a simple thing for her but maybe coming here to ask for help might be wrong timing..."

"Shouldn't we just enter to figure out? If we go home now, we'd basically be bored again." Gura said. "And if the witch is having trouble, we should help since we're all fellow idols."

"Before we do-" I was about to say something until the gate forced itself open, a shadow of a hand reached out to me only to pull me inside.

I couldn't see anything anymore until Calli appeared right beside me, grasping at my hand as we sunk deeper into an abyss-like floor. The rest were gone and me and Calli were in even more unfamiliar territory again.

Suddenly, the whole place echoed with a firm voice accompanying it.

~*~

I am Ninomae Ina'nis. Everyone knows me as an ordinary girl with ordinary hobbies.

"Clay... Isn't that Ina's voice?" Calli asked.

"I'm pretty sure it is..." I try calling her out. "Ina! INA! We're over here!"

I lived like how the rest of my peers do. I didn't aim high but I never settled for less. I was a run-of-the-mill average person.

Amidst the darkness, we couldn't see a thing besides hearing Ina's voice.