[SEASON 1] Chapter 14

CALLI'S POV

"You guys didn't see or hear anything! Forget what you saw today!" I could hear Watson's voice in the distance.

"I just hope mine doesn't show up...!" Ina screeched. It seemed like they were trying to find each other in the darkness by shouting.

"Cover your ears and make loud sounds!" That was Kiara.

"This weird place doesn't even know my memories! Am I that stupid?!" Gura faded off into the shadows.

Because of the involute layout this domain possesses, the rest of my friends' presence was eradicated and enshrouded in high degrees of pitch black haze. I spent a good remainder trudging through unforeseeable mud, the sound below my feet making a 'pch' every time I stomped by force.

Moments ago, Clay was with me as we listened to one of Ina's memories but now it seems that I was teleported adjacent to the girls albeit uncertain about our exact location.

Could the witch be trapped in here like we were, listening to her memories playing on repeat? Being reminded of one's own ardor and struggles were a hassle to deal with. A random voice from some whacked-up version of heaven narrating your life with your own voice was creepy as hell.

"Guh... Guys! Can you hear me?!" I yelled without holding back. It was as if our powers were reduced to ashes inside this place. I could still use them but without being able to see anything, I'd just be punching dirt nonsensically.

Crap. I knew I never needed oxygen but the place was beyond suffocating. I couldn't see anything and moving felt like a pointless quest. Hope was a transient correlation amongst the floor and the ceiling around here.

"We can!" Ina was the first to say something, she was at my far far left. Ame's little device was flashing at Gura waving, they were above me.

"Calli! I can hear you!" Kiara responded back, although this time her voice was muffled. What was the problem with this place? Our positions were spontaneous and there seemed to be no definitive pattern to rely on besides roaming aimlessly. "I'd turn into a Phoenix right now and light a fire as signal but I can't for some reason!" Kiara was the only person I couldn't see.

"The place is nullifying your magic, probably! Plumbing our way to the source of the issue doesn't look to be good anytime soon too!" What was there here besides us and nothingness? I couldn't strategize without seeing anything! "I'd love fried chicken right now on the grab..."

"Calli~ I didn't know you felt that way about me!"

"I meant I miss ordering food online! Stupid Kusotori!" I should've said pizza.

Dumb brain! I knocked a lot of sense into myself by punching my cheek, figuring out a plan cause Gura for sure can't think in this situation. "... Watson!"

"Eyowhahowahowhat?! I'm here!" her voice wobbled from being called out. She almost dropped her gadget.

"Your device working? It senses powerful magic in the area, right?"

"I've been on it for the past 45 minutes! The essence here is abstruse! It's pointing me left then suddenly it makes a sharp turn forward! The main source of magic here is hiding from us, obviously! It's running and confusing us!" I could hear her jabbing at her contraption with her hand. "What did I build you for?! My incredible genius is going to waste when you can't perform your duties well!"

"Nyehehe... Ame's talking to one of her gizmos..." Gura snickered.

"Shut up Gura!"

Think of something, Calli! Your precious personal assistant's probably somewhere, listening to your goddamn memory without reservation. He's probably saying something like he can't stop listening forever and that it's interesting. I hope he has enough decency to close his ears.