[SEASON 2] Chapter 20

"I'm sorry for not showing up. I've lost thousands of chances in the years I lived to see and love you. When I came to, everything was gone. How long had I been happy for above the depths to ignore what was under me? I should've visited, played catch with Triton, let Kymopoleia teach me how to grow into a bigger woman. For a big family, we knew when to stay close and stay away. Due to my vast absence in awareness, I lost all of that. I had once deemed Atlantis to be boring. I came back to experience that boredom once more to enjoy it, only to realize all of you are gone. What happened? Did my dad fight a great calamity? Was Atlantis invaded? Are any of you still alive? If I could get the chance to sit down and talk with all of you again for the last time, then it'd make this trip far less painful. Death shouldn't be reversed. It's a cycle that shouldn't be broken. I know that. Should there be a way, I'd defy death for a chance to tell you everything. I apologize. I'm not a good daughter. I hope to be with all of you one day. As long as I am still alive, I will do my best to find out the truth and live with it. The deaths that were taken and the wars that were fought that resulted to defeat. Knowing all of that without being able to do anything is my punishment. I hope you guys don't hate me for leaving but you probably do. I'm sorry mom, we couldn't have that conversation about marriage and boys as much as I cringe at it. I think I left cause I didn't want to hear your lecture. Now I want a full transcript. To my siblings, you can beat me up as many times as you want when I die and go with you to the other side. Dad, you taught me all there was to the trident. I never used it for Atlantis and I wish I did. I had thought Atlantis was eternity. Guess I was wrong. I'm still a child unfit for both marriage and the trident. Oh, and I forgot to mention this. Atlantis was never boring, just a little repetitive. I hope you still love me as I do."

-Gura's words to the memorial of her family

~*~

Gura and the rest of us scoured the entire castle for anything related to the disappearance of her family and the people of Atlantis. I imagined the castle to have pointy hats above its lengthy framework or a drawbridge but I could now see why Atlantis was different from the rest of the countries Gura mentioned.

The exterior looked visibly similar to golden sand, a formidable quality that would not decay to the factor that was time. However, the golden it boasted had now turned darker and the spiraling golden rainbows recognized as bridges that mobilized around the castle looked to be on the verge of disassembling if a big rock were to fall on it. The corals and reefs that reminded me of a front garden still kept the outside slightly vibrant but could never replicate the greatness it once adhered to.

The inside was different. Lots of rooms to get lost into and the places looked like they were ransacked by half of a thousand thieves. Plates smashed, tables tossed here and there, doors crumbling once touched. The place was comparable to a low-budget haunted house.

This was where we all were so far. Kiara and Ina made way for the kitchen which spanned about ten rooms long like the lobby of a five-star hotel. All they managed to find were remnants of necklaces and bracers for the wrists though their quality extremely diminished.

"All guards in the castle wore these bracers. I got scolded most of the time for running out the castle so I'm pretty familiar with those since they caught me often when I was a kid. As for the necklace... My family wore a lot of stuff on their bodies it's hard to concentrate on one piece of jewelry. Must've just been a miscellaneous buy."

"I could definitely use the necklace," Ame convinced herself. "I mean, if it's okay with Gura. I usually don't ask for consent but the situation's pretty important."

"Knock yourself out, just make sure you respect what you got. If it was left on the floor then something bad must have happened to the owner." Kiara set the greedy detective straight.