[SEASON 2] Chapter 26

Clay still couldn't believe it. The one and only Mori Calliope was laying right beside him on the bed. This was the epitome of perfection, an unstoppable wave of ostentation washed over him as he awoke at six in the morning. Upon seeing her rest comfortably in his blankets, his eyes widened and his arms immediately went to brush against his intact clothes. Sitting up, he could feel the dry air around him lift him up in a hurry. 

He couldn't remember the remainder of what happened last night besides the confession. Sleeping together was something he forgot. He was in the habit of sleeping alone that another person on his bed brought a foreign feeling. A feeling he welcomed with open arms.

He was in boxers and a white shirt. He didn't do anything. They didn't do anything when she stayed the night nor after confessing. Nothing else happened besides a life-changing event. For some reason, he exhaled out of both relief and dissatisfaction. Relief because he didn't want to hurry things but dissatisfied because he also wanted to do a lot of things with her. Still, not any other force could completely destroy the radiant appearance of the powerful reaper before him just mere inches away. 

"We didn't do anything." Although he wished they did. 

Clay internally squeaked at Calli's one eye looking at him with mischief as her head laid down one of his pillows. She smirked. "Good mornin'."

Was this actually real? None of it was a hologram or a simulated reality? Clay poked her cheek, resorting to other means of questioning the truth before him. Calli raised a brow, followed by a light hit using the pillow on his head. "I'm real, just so you know." She was, indeed. In all her bed-hair glory. 

As they were now both sitting up on the bed, Clay couldn't help but feel an urge of happy feelings rush in his system. Calli broke through most of his concerns by simply being herself. He had spent a good chunk of time wondering, figuring out what he should've done instead of doing what was supposed to be. He was locked in a perpetual state of zugzwang, forever trapped in a worse position with no means of escape. 

Thankfully, Calli cared enough to resolve it with him. And she likes him too. 

He pulled her body towards him, resting his back against the head of the bed as he took all of her for a hug. The bed creaked due to his restless need of wanting her closer. She complied nonetheless to his desires, putting affection above all else. She was on top of him, taking his head and putting it close to her chest. Gone were thoughts about work or any other commitments outside Clay's apartment. She liked to see him smiling because of her.

"The shirt looks good on you," Clay said, referring to the oversized shirt she borrowed from him, feeling the very fabric he always wore on the body of another. 

"I look good in anything." That much was true. "Still, it's pretty early to be this, hm?-"

He had to look at her for a second, breaking the hug. She was definitely real from head to toe. Her unblemished face was crystallized in his memory for eternity, those soulless but penetrating oculi of hers were magnetic and full of belief. Clay could touch her hair whenever he wanted to so long as they weren't working. He could carry her in his arms and tell her how amazing she is. Though the latter part was always consistent with him anyways. 

"What?" she asked. Their faces were close.

He kissed her cheeks one-by-one, gently holding her head in place. A soft chuckle escaped her lips, the silence of the room basking in the beauty of their adoration. 

"My lips are here." 

And so, a whole morning of making out and talking commenced. 

~*~