[SEASON 2] Chapter 18

"Hehe, my bad Clay! I was occupied thinking about my home I forgot you were a normal dude." Gura's carping voice swam around my head and when my eyes awoke, I saw a big turtle staring me right at my face. "I fused you a bit with my power. It should last for a week."

"I'm Roger. Welcome aboard the Crusty Ore, human." A big turtle was talking to me, professionally steering a car-like wheel. His voice was fettered to a low-reverb autotune sound effect. It sounded too demonic I had to stand up quickly and run to the far back of this big thing we were in. "HAHA! He's pissed his pants! Don't worry kiddo, I don't bite. Unless you force me to. We're heading to Atlantis, right?" I don't think I've ever seen a turtle sit on a chair before.

"Yep! My friends and I plan to visit family there after so long!"

"F-family? You have family over there?" Why did the turtle sound unsure?

"Yep! My dad might still be grumpy cause I haven't returned home for hundreds of years. But mom would forgive me, I think..."

Then again, we haven't explored the inner depths of the deep so what was even more strange than a turtle who could socialize?

Calli straightened my hair from behind, patting my back. "Gura can speak to marine life. We can too along with you since Gura gave you the ability to comprehend creatures of the depths."

"Huh. That's cool. I wonder how scientists would react at this discovery."

"What was your name? Gura, huh?" The turtle's could literally replicate a god's wrath. "You mean that Gura? One of our god's daughters who fled to the human world and never returned?!" Did I say something I shouldn't have? The turtle sighed. "So you are...! It seems Poseidon's kin are fortunate to live long like he did. Wait a minute. You're just a kid? How old are you and where the hell have you been all this time?!"

"My growth spurt's abnormal! Understand?! I'm actually over 9,000 years old! For your information, the outside world is fabulous!" Gura refuted.

"Is he mad or confused?" I asked Gura.

We were passing by millions of fish. I couldn't see much besides a grand blue outside. I wonder how the turtle was driving through all of this blur.

"Nah. I'm no one too important in this world. I guess you could say I'm royalty without riches." Like a light switch, Gura's features became vapid at the turtle's words. "Like he did? What do you mean? What happened to my dad?"

Everyone of us looked in worry. What a way to start the trip, I suppose.

"Didn't you know, daughter of Poseidon? Your father's been gone for a long time now."

"H-he's dead?"

"No one's blaming you, kiddo. None of us expected it too. It's just a fact. All the gods are dead and so is Atlantis. Though it would've been nice if you knew sooner than this old-timer."

"Atlantis... Dead? How...?" Gura repeated.

"Um..." Roger cleared his throat. "Atlantis is long deserted. No one lives there now except a couple of fishes."

"My kind... is gone? How? W-when?"

"I hate to break it to you, your Highness but ever since the world changed, a lot of people stopped believing in the gods."

~*~

"Atlantis was a haven for those who dwelled the depths. Now nothing's here except history," Gura stood like the last survivor of her kind, floating and looking over a dilapidated monument of former vastitude in every facet. Although, the fishes and all sorts of creatures roamed the blue crevices and spaces, there was only one thing her mind was fixated on.