[SEASON 1] Chapter 15

I explained everything to Murasaki Shion about our arrival to the island and how we got stuck in this mess to begin with.

In return, she explained how this place worked.

"So that's how this place became bright again," Murasaki Shion was a student of Makai Academy. A wizard in the making but was already considered a top talent, both in the academy and Hololive. "Listening to someone tell your story one by one is so cringe."

"Indeed. The orb that holds this place together acts as the pulley. However, due to the spatial bounds of this domain, the pulley vamooses and changes locations frequently, making it almost impossible to leave. That is why I have been stuck here powerless for who knows how long since magic wasn't allowed." she hummed. "I had no hope left when I saw a flimsy human such as yourself in here but since the place is now apprehensible, I suspect you brought along who I think you brought along and they found a way to light the place up. I have my magic back too so perhaps we can separate here."

"Separate? You're leaving me?"

"Oh-ho-ho-ho-ho! Bold of you to assume we have a relationship! I merely met you only once and you're already clinging onto me! Men are so daring! So intrepid!"

"I hope you're kidding."

She giggled. "I am. You came with Ina, right? That cute priestess still has a lot to owe. Her pool of requests caused one such as I slightly irate. Her blithe personality may hold her back from unleashing the greatest form she can ever attain."

It might be unwise to spill about what I heard in this place to Murasaki regarding Ina's memory. They sounded like they were friends but I didn't have enough to deduce they were close. I'd rather not say anything besides the main problem right now.

"Okay, if the place is stable now, the girls could arrive any moment..."

She hid a chortle underneath.

"Hah? What's so funny?"

"This reminds me of being a first-year student, having to explain to our crummy teachers concepts they didn't even study for. And I'm both proud and ashamed to be part of such a school." I wasn't a teacher though. I only joined since Calli wanted me to. "How long do you think we have been here? This domain's definition of time is vastly different to the real world."

"If you'd been stuck here for a long time then that means time moves faster in this place," I said. "Ina says you've been gone for more than a week since you weren't replying to her messages."

"Hm~ This place doesn't have a good signal. Nonetheless, this domain is stabilized. I don't sense it becoming a problem again."

"There you are!" Ina shouted as she came out of the upside down portal she summoned. I got startled but greeted her.

"H-hey... You guys okay?"

"We are. What about you, Clay?" I nodded. Ina looked at Murasaki. "Why don't we get out of here? Even if the place is neutral, I still have a bad feeling."

"Lets~" Murasaki obliged and with that, we left the domain of all-knowing memories.

~*~

"You were over here?" Calli found me near the shore.

After getting out of the domain, Murasaki Shion had told us she set up camp before she went missing. They joined her and so I was left by the shore myself until Calli showed up. The sun was almost setting. An enthralling orange sun was slowly sinking and hues of the horizon began to dwindle atop the seas' lines.

I was reflecting a lot on today. I heard things I probably shouldn't have and I couldn't take them back. I didn't have the puissance to resist nor did I have the ability to shun out the voices. I listened and now my opinion might've differed from before. I had only heard Ina's and Calli's but it still felt like I pried into their personal life without asking.