[SEASON 1] Chapter 11

"This young and adorable priestess needs your help, Calli." Ina was referring to herself in third-person.

Ninomae Ina'nis was similar to Calli in the sense that their ages were blurred alongside history. The age groups surrounding HoloMyth couldn't be simply indulged by the public. However, Gura's already known to be somewhere around the 9000's. Even then, she herself couldn't create a synopsis for every century she was connected to.

The priestess of the Ancient Ones stood by her door menacingly, a sweet smile plastered on her face. Definitely the personification of Eldritch horror right there. Her tentacles waved around like seagrass at the bottom of the ocean. The flaps on top of her head seemed to move on their own too. Upon further research, her tentacles were like multiple extensions. Controlling them for her convenience was only done in times of risk or obligation since they required more than a singular mind. That must've been why she used her hands to open the door.

Calli was trying to finalize the song we wrote. Seeing as I've already done most of my responsibilities during the day, afternoon struck us and welcomed in orange tinges along with the sun soon preparing to set. The tune she played beside the song was already the missing piece of shard to the puzzle. I'd expected she knew her stuff when it came to this but I didn't expect my writing could produce gossamer-like inflections. Safe to say, I admired her a lot more now.

Weeks back I preferred to work for Kiara but I wanted to go back in time to slap myself for saying that.

"Ina!" Calli sprung up from her chair to vault herself towards Ina and locked her in a warm embrace. The priestess returned her warmth, her tentacles looked elated. "Of course I'll help! I don't know what it is but you can always count on me."

"Humu~ You are very generous today. What's with the hug? You never do when I ask for favors?"

Well, I didn't mind if the song was finished or not. It was already nice seeing Calli acting like a girl for once. She was a machine during work and an even scarier artificial intelligence when she did overtime.

Calli laughed nervously. "I-I don't? Huh, weird. I must be feeling real good today. Yeah, everything's just going well with work."

"Hm?~ I surmise your mood has something to do with someone in particular?" Ina's eyes darted over to my direction. As far as I knew, a popular expression known in both Japanese and Western media was the 'Anya smug face'. Kiara had done this before when we were at the mall. Now Ina was doing it and I could now understand why Damian misunderstood her attempt to smile at him. It was an expression that reflected the opposite. She covered her laugh and returned back to Calli. "Enough of my muses, my request has something to do with increasing a page to my book of spells. For that reason, I've invited all of you to a strange island. I desire to meet the witch in question and make her teach me a spell. She's also not responding to my texts so I'm a little worried... "

"What type of spell are you looking for exactly?" Calli asked.

"A spell to make one forget," Ina replied. "There is something I wish to erase in this world. Rest assured, it's not going to affect a big population and it's not for evil purposes! In order to do that, I have to find her."

"Wouldn't your book of spells be advanced enough to have that spell written somewhere?" I asked, getting closer to the both of them. "We need you to be specific with what you're desiring to eliminate. Since you said 'forget', it's plausible it's on the mental side you're talking about."

Weirdly, being apart from Calli for a few seconds during work already made me feel regrettable.

"I promise on my creators I'm not up to no good. The book I have in my possession is notorious for having setbacks. There are memory-erasure spells but their effects are... a bit harsh. I'd need another one unblemished and only serving the purpose of erasing a particular memory. I'm sure you are aware of the Ancient Ones. They are the people who made me this way because I happened to read this book. Their voices ring in my head and they often tell me the Necronomicon bears so much abominations that it's hard to find a spell that's pure."