FINAL

Clay was awake but then there was another form of danger that existed on Earth. Only this time, the degree was catastrophic. 

Ninomae Ina'nis was levitating above the skies, her eyes in shades of pure savage white. The consternation upon the people's faces weren't discernible. The world was locked in a perpetual state of orange, black, and white. Every living and non-living thing was swallowed and suffered a monochrome reality. 

Cars paused and animals froze. It was only through observing the situation for a few minutes did Clay realize this was almost happening on a global scale. A few seconds prior, he could only feel a sense of surging malice enter his heart. Not from him but from the aura Ina oozed off. 

"What's happening to Ina? Kiara?" Calli called for the Phoenix but she was nowhere to be found in the building. She resorted to Ollie and Kobo instead. "If she's not here, can you tell me what happened?" 

Ollie and Kobo were hugging each other by the corner of the wall, done with all things above them. Ollie's conceding smile wiggled like a wave at Calli's straightforward way of doing things. "I-I-I don't know but..." Ollie saw Jean awake as she stepped out from behind Clay.

Ollie and Kobo immediately recovered from their scared state, dashing towards Jean and sending her to the floor. "JEAN! You're okay!!! We're only victims in this situation! I don't know what happened! Ina just kicked her door down, smashed a wall, and floated in the center of the city!" 

Clay had to save a conversation for Jean later about everything when all this was over. There was another pressing matter to attend to. 

Zed tapped on the glass window in front of him. "Tsk. They're fighting over there. The three of them. I can see it." 

"From the looks of it, they're only trying to calm Ina down. But really, why would Ina-" Calli stopped herself for a moment, recollecting her thoughts. "Clay... Remember that one time in the island where we saw Ina's memories?" 

"We wouldn't talk about that since it's private but I guess that doesn't matter right now." Clay said. "Yeah, she said something about a book giving her powers and she would cause..."

Destruction. 

This book was called the Necronomicon. A perfect name for such a mysterious book. Upon opening its contents and marveling at art I could never replicate, I was shown a prophecy. This prophecy yearned for destruction. A coming of a new world.

"You mean she's lost control because of something a book told her? Talk about taking 'nerd' to a whole new level." Zed wanted nothing more but to join the fight. However, even from this distance, he already felt a lot of pressure. The pressure of not being able to win. 

"It's not just any book. It's a powerful one that causes the user to go insane should they abuse the book's text or mishandle it. A book of various gods and their horrors articulated thoroughly word-for-word aren't something an ordinary human can just read." Amelia said. "Considering Ina's always careful, those wouldn't be issues with her."

Clay remembered one more as if the memory stuck to him completely. 

I had also been warned that if I continued reading, the voices encircling my sanity would deprive me of the blood that ran through my body. The life I possessed would be bereft of humanity and I would be given powers. I kept on reading, never stopping for a second as my curiosity grew stronger over my own well-being. What would've happened had I not continued? I would wake up again all by myself. Surviving only to communicate without a care. I would be a kid again and my life would resume in a boring glissade. I could handle my blood being gone or my humanity discarded. I wanted to become another being. What I wasn't prepared for was the fate this book had in store for me.