[SEASON 2] Chapter 22

One week had passed by like lightning on grease. There were already rumors and speculations that a new group of idols would debut and be ready to take the Hololive scene. As someone who works under the same establishment, information traveled around the community regarding who they were, what they represent, and it was up to my own will and energy to ascertain this matter further.

However, jumping the gun wasn't such an energy-efficient move as nothing seemed to be currently happening around the upper echelons of the business. It was a moral regulation that learning more about the rumors would amount to nothing but a multitude of hypotheticals. Still, leaks and Twitter existed.

Kiara opened one of the refrigerated storages in the grocery and grabbed two plastic packs filled with french-fries. Amidst the flurry of men and women passing us with their shopping carts, I could still hear Kiara making conversation as Ame was torn between peanut butter and Nutella.

"I might not know much about the history of Hololive but to see guys debuting in this industry is pretty unexpected!" Gura exclaimed. "What you think about it, Ina?"

"I'm not certain but to see is to believe. Once everything is publicized, I will gladly welcome anyone regardless of gender. It is- wait, why are you holding my hand-"

"THUMB WAR!" Gura screeched, alarming the old couple beside us. I had to apologize for Gura in her stead.

"A new addition means more friends to make along this journey of being idols. Getting along with our juniors is essential so they'd also learn to do the same for newcomers. It's a cycle." Kiara pointed to each member of Holomyth. Gura and Ina were too busy having a thumb war and I believe Calli and Ame were only half-paying attention. Kiara huffed and stomped her foot. "At some point, no one knew us until we debuted. It's unexpected, yes, but I expect all of us to be on our best behavior when the news turns out to be true. Right, Clay?"

"How we are moving forward with this information and interacting with them on future collaborations, is what I'm thinking." I said, honestly thinking more about the food than some news that a wisecrack recklessly shared on their online feed.

The group had been rumored to be men instead of women which was unprecedented. The idol demographic clearly favored the opposite but Hololive wasn't a worrywart over details like these. There was always a reason why things happen the way they happen. Yagoo was truly one of a kind for that skill.

Currently, I, Clay Johnson, 21 years of age, personal assistant to one of the most popular idols in Hololive, am doing grocery shopping with the one and only Holomyth. Aisle 3 would have to double-check the shelves later since Gura and Ina contained tendencies to put food in different places and random corners.

Like, who forgets the aisle the product was originally from? They were powerful beings too, I expected them to have super good memory on where the condiments and cereal boxes were supposed to be. Unfortunately, god-like power wouldn't automatically be associated with intelligence and picture-perfect memory. The cart was already filled with a lot of carbs, protein, and fat combined. I was worried for a second over these girls' food plans but I forgot for a second they weren't human at all.

Yep, I'm the only one in this grocery store who knows their true nature. The only sane person who can go on adventures with them without dying. It's a miracle I was still standing with my body intact and working under Calli for months. Luckily, everyone in the grocery store couldn't tell who they were. Either they were too busy or the clothes Holomyth used to disguise themselves worked wonders.

"Wearing black all over really conceals your identity, huh? No wonder black goes well with everything." True to the color, they were all wearing black sweaters, shades, caps, pants, and Gura was wearing an extra black jacket because she felt cooler with it.