[SEASON 1] Chapter 10

"Pass me the wine~" An intoxicated Calli was a double-edged sword. Either she'd perform at her best (which wasn't possible since her stream was already off) or she'd continue to ingest larger amounts and spew nonsensical words as a result.

Fortunately, this was only the fourth battle, or should I say bottle. Calli was high on cloud-nine, unable to comprehend me as a human being but a figment of her imagination. No matter the different sides of a person, they weren't heterogenous and the person always remained true to themselves even under the influence. Even outside of work, I was still her personal assistant.

"C'mon! Hurry up! HAHAHA! You're super duper slow, Clayie wayie~"

And basically, coconut milk didn't settle well with her appetite. By her command, I was forced out of my apartment to buy five bottles of alcohol and march back with what's left of my money.

Mori Calliope's sanity flipped the switch and goaded her whole character to diminish. Gone was the badass reaper slash vtuber I high-fived and brought food every morning. Like a person chugging down water by squishing the plastic bottle, Calli chugged down the whole bottle, her gulps ever-so obvious and by the time she set the thing down on her desk, her expression was replaced with a carefree one.

"I'm having a party in my mind tonight WOOOOO!"

45 minutes earlier...

We were seriously trying to compose lyrics to the song she was making. The theme was 'losing a loved one'. Incredibly distinct but it made finding the right words easily attainable. When I had thought about it, I compared it to one of the songs she sang when I eavesdropped on her the first day we met. It was a gentle melody filled with ramifying regret, a torpid fire waiting to burst and subtle word-play.

"Say, if this song's done being written. Are you going to make this into a music video?"

"You excited people are going to listen to your song?" she smirked, clearly being playful.

"I have someone amazing singing it for me." She blinked profusely at that. "It would be nice if my trashy mind can make a song people can listen to, especially if it's in your hands. That's going to be nice. Yep... I'd love to hear you sing what I thought of."

She kept blinking at me like those disco lights in a bar.

"Should we go to an ophthalmologist this week?" It was my turn to poke a needle at her.

"Haha... I'm just not used to being complimented... You called me amazing, is all."

"You are, though. You're kind, honest, and hardworking to a frightening extent. You can be consistent without sleep. I admire you for that."

"Is this a ploy to get higher pay?"

"Who knows?" I say nonchalantly.

Since I bore no experience with music nor found motivation to do so, I had to rely on Calli's input whenever I thought up a line here and there.

She'd point out there has to be an 'umph' or a 'bap' in between and I wouldn't get her musical references until she practiced singing what we wrote.

"What am I supposed to do... Living lives from me to you... A blessing lost to tragedy... Hold me close and set me free..." She elongated the last word of every line smoothly, spun them vocally and transitioned to the next one in a fast sequence. She didn't sing the first part and sang lines further down below near the chorus. I found myself raptured by her voice. It was crisp and elicited raw power. She was only practicing and I felt like I was taking a peak on her from behind-the-scenes footage.