PART 18

SIDHARTH********

"Boss, your phone is ringing" Vikas called my attention to the phone. I checked and saw it was Shehnaaz. I could've picked up the call that instance but I couldn't, I needed to stay here with the boys . I was in the warehouse and we were still discussing the murder of those drivers.

"I'll call her back, I don't think it's something serious. So you were saying something about Vikrant", I asked him.

We got a message from him this morning. It was a picture of an olive branch. He's also denying the attack on our drivers " He explained.

" I wasn't expecting the culprit to man up to it . Have you checked the car's..?" I asked him.

"We're on it Boss", My phone started ringing the second time I quickly picked it up without hesitation while dismissing Vikas.

"Help me, I saw blood Sidharth", I stood up abruptly from my seat.

"Where are you?" I asked.

"Behind a restaurant on Dream street" .she explained me her location.

"Hold on, I'll be there soon", I promised her.

I Went over to Raven's cage and opened it .

"Stay with her till I get there " she rolled her eyes and took off without hesitation.

If it was a night time , I would've easily used my supernatural speed to get to her but doing that during the day time will put us both in danger.

I picked up my car key and ran out of the office. My driver tried to follow me but I stopped him. Things might get ugly and I wouldn't want him getting caught up in that situation.

I got into the car and drove off instantly. The ride to get to her took ten minutes and that was as a result of the reckless driving. I was worried about her and I couldn't stop blaming myself for not picking up the call in the first place.

What else could be more important than my MATE?

Raven sent a vision to me and I could see her sitting  in her lap at the place she'd told me.

Quickly, I got down from the car and ran towards the back of the restaurant. She was hiding behind the giant waste-bin that was placed there.

I could see Raven perching beside her. I knew if anyone had tried getting close to her, Raven would have plucked their eyes out. The one time Raven did that to someone, Vikas never went towards Raven or her cage since then. 

I bent to her level and touched her hair .

"Please go away", she cried.

"It's me , Shehnaaz".  she lifted her head up and my heart shattered into a thousand pieces. Her eyes were swollen with tears and her mouth was bloody. Her bottom lip ruptured as the fangs pierced through it.

Her hand were bloody as well, probably from cleaning the blood.

I tried feeding her from myself but it didn't help.

I kissed her hair and pulled her closer to my body.

"You did well, Love. You did a great job . I'm so sorry I came so late. Forgive me" I pleaded.

I removed my suit jacket and wrapped it around her head before I picked her up bridal style, ready to take her to the car.

I turned to Raven and instructed" Go Home" I perched on my shoulder, rubbing her head against my ear . Raven wanted me to take care of her.