PART 19

SIDHARTH ❣️

The terrible beeping of my phone woke me up . Eyes still closed, I removed my hand from around Shehnaaz to search for the phone on the desk next to the bed.

Once my hand touched it, I sat up on the bed and placed it in my ear waiting for whoever it was to talk and tell me what the matter was.

"Good morning, Sidharth" Kushal said.

Shit ! I promised to call kushal later and I totally forgot about it.

After Vikas had brought dinner yesterday evening. I tried waking Shehnaaz up to have some food but she insisted on sleeping rather than eating.

"Good morning, brother. I should have called you last night. Sorry, I couldn't get the chance to do that" I explained.

"Hope everything is ok over there , Sidharth?" He asked.

"Yes , everything is perfect. How's Jenifer?" I asked about his MATE.

"That's the major reason why I'm calling you this early, Sidharth . Something terrible happened yesterday".

I looked over at my side to see Shehnaaz was still sleeping soundly.

"Hold on, Kushal " I informed him before I stood up from the bed and walked into the bathroom, closing the door firmly so as not to disturb Shehnaaz.

"I'm all ears", I told him.

"The vampire hunter attacked her yesterday. He kidnapped her and made me go after them alone even though Marco and the vampire king was right behind me".

" Wait , you guys have found him ", I asked, Suprised.

"Yes. We were not able to tell you because you've been unreachable in the past few days" He replied.

That's true !

"I've had some issues with my family here and it has been hectic" I said.

" You know you weren't supposed to be that mafia that you are, Sidharth. It's not supposed to be " He chastised me.

"I know. It'll be just for a few years , nothing serious. I can't just leave them and go as if they're not important"I explained.

"Stop being so sentimental, Sidharth . You've only known these people for just eight years. Is it until they start noticing that you are different or they found out you're a fucking vampire?" He yelled.

Even though I knew he was right but still, I couldn't deny the fact that he wasn't totally right. I wanted to tell him to shove it up his ass but I swallowed hard, controlled my building temperament.

"Why did you call me, Kushal?" I asked.

"Yeah! Ignore my advice like you used to, stupid " .He said angrily.

I laughed.

"What do you want, Kushal?" I asked.

"Sorry, I lost my temper there. I'm just hyperactive this morning. I almost lost Jenifer last night . The hunter attacked us at the hospital . I don't know how he did it but he used the blood of a ..... "

" What? How did he get that?" I asked angrily.

"Honestly, I don't know but he used it and I was practically useless. He attacked Jenifer and she almost died but thanks to Marco , they turned her before she did . Now, I have to make plans for us to leave this place " He explained.

"When do you want to move to?" I asked him.

"I haven't decided yet but we need to leave here for the time being " He replied.