Chapter 4

Well, a month passed by and the day finally arrived. Our school trip! We had to be ready at the meeting spot at 5 am. I woke up at 3 am. I got ready and we headed to the meeting spot. I saw Peter and I was so damn excited. All the teachers and parents had gathered there, and we could see 4 school buses standing there, just waiting for us to board them.

I hugged mom and dad, and boarded the bus with Peter. We waved to our parents from the bus windows and the bus took off. We couldn't wait to eat those snacks!

"Hey Pete! It's gonna be fun, isn't it?" I said getting all pumped up.

"Yeah it sure is. But man, there's something I need to tell you."

"Well I'm all in. Spit it out!" I said, listening closely.

"You know that girl Stella?" he asked.

"What about her?" I asked back.

"I kind of... I have a crush on her." Peter said abruptly.

Stella was the most popular girl in our batch. Like every 2 in 5 boys had a crush on her. She was beautiful and fair and you couldn't take your eyes off her.

"Well, that's nice.." I said, not knowing how to react.

"I think I'm gonna propose to her tonight." Peter told me.

Now, our country is kinda of a bit orthodox about teens dating. They think it's not good for us to date at this age. Most parents are too strict about dating and if caught, kids get scolded like hell. Schools too, are strict about dating here, so it's no easy business.

"Dude, are you sure bout this?" I asked Peter, now sounding concerned.

"Yeah.."

"I'm all in then!" I replied. I wanted to help him.

We spent the whole day enjoying, playing games, eating snacks, and thinking of ways to confess to Stella. Peter sounded confident the whole day, but when the evening came, and it was time to actually do it, he sort of backed away. He was scared.

"Dude, you literally just have to go to the back of the bus and say it." I said.

All the girls sat on the back seats of the bus. Well, it was kinda obvious of Peter to be nervous.

"Man.. I can't do it. I'm nervous." Peter replied.

"Well, all for nothing then..." I said.

"How about this... I'll dictate you what I wanna say and you write it down on a paper. I'll sign it as me and then give it to her." Peter suggested.

Now I don't know why I said yes to this plan, but I just didn't think. I should've had told him to do it himself, like why should 'I' be the one to write it? But anyway, he started dictating and I started writing. It was kinda dark by then, so I struggled to see. Then again, the bus was moving like crazy, so I had trouble writing it.

When we were midway through the letter, something happened. And it kinda shouldn't have happened.

You see, somehow Mrs. Brooks came to know that we were planning something and she just popped up behind me. She grabbed the letter and read the half thing. She totally knew what it was all about.

The problem here was that the letter was still not signed as Peter and she had seen 'me' writing it. She yelled at me and said things to me.

Look, I was not guilty at all. Afterall I was just writing it for Peter. I didn't even have feelings for Stella. I said to Mrs. Brooks, "Ma'am it's not like it seems, you see, Peter wanted to give this to Stella and so I was just writing it on his behalf. You can ask him."

"Dude what're you saying?" Peter said, then turned to Mrs. Brooks, "I don't know anything."

Trust me, if Mrs. Brooks wasn't there in front of me, I would've murdered Peter right then and there. Best friend? Go to hell, asshole.