Chapter 24

Our school year started in July, lasted till May or April, and then we would have summer break. Right now it was September.

In August, Serena didn't wish me on my birthday. I felt bad about it, but Penny was there to kinda cheer me up. Snakey wished me too and we started getting along a bit well again, but I still felt lonely. Everyone else in the class was just weird to me. They picked on me and didn't care much about what I thought.

...

"So what's this thing all about?" I asked as Mom seated herself on the sofa in front of me.

"You see, son, your friend Samantha's mother is a college professor and and her college is now starting a foundation course for kids in class 8. They are gonna teach you basics of stuff from higher classes."

"And you want me to join this?"

"Yeah if you want to. I'm just suggesti-"

"Yeah fine I'll go." I said and mom smiled.

...

Soon, the first day of the foundation course came and I was kinda nervous. Meeting new kids was never my kind of thing. So anyway, the foundation course was gonna be far from here cuz the college was in the countryside. They had arranged a small van for everyone and soon it arrived near my building.

But I hadn't lol.

I got off of my school bus and came walking to my building, just to see the van there. That was when I realised that I was late. I ran upto my floor and quickly gobbled up the food, grabbed my bag and headed for the van. Inside, were a bunch of kids I already knew. Samantha, Ava, Katherine and this other guy called Preston from my building. They gave me a weird look.

"What? The school bus came late!" I exclaimed.

Soon enough, two more kids boarded the van. One was healthy looking and the other one was skinny like me. The healthy one wore spects and had a simple tshirt on. The skinny one, however, wore a hoodie. He clearly had a better dressing sense.

Sometime later, Damian (my rival) and Oliver (another rival) boarded the van as well. I didn't have much to do so I just kept looking out the window. I really just wanted to get home.

...

The first day was kinda okay and not too hectic, but I felt pretty messed up already. I was not much of a stamina guy so I was exhausted because of attending the school whole day and now this. Now, after the lectures were over, which was like 2 hours later, we got into the van again and this time I had to sit beside the healthy one from those two kids. He wasn't fat, he was just the right size and a bit taller than me.

We both had to sit in the back of the van, where only two people could sit facing each other, and it was so damn awkward. Neither of us knew what to say. He finally did, though.

"Hey, you from a different school than me?" he asked.

"Yeah I guess."

"You guess?"

"I mean no" I began, "No.. I mean yes I'm from a different school but no to the question you asked afte-" he didn't let me finish and burst out laughing.

"Man, you're a weird one!"

We both laughed and I didn't realise when we started to talk about literally everything.

"My name's Raymond, but you can call me Ray."

"Mine is Andrew."

"So um... you into Pokémon?" I asked.

"Hell yeah!! Damn you too?!"

"Yep! Don't tell me you've played Pokémon Fire Red now..."

"Damn it! I have!! And you don't tell me you've completed it more than 5 times.."

"I have!!!" I exclaimed and we found out that we were pretty much the same about almost everything.

He seemed like a friend that would last for long.