Chapter 18

--- 5 years ago ---

I'm just tired of these teachers giving us so much homework. I just can't take this. I already know this stuff, why make me do it again at home? Besides, I don't even get less marks. What's the purpose of this? If I was the principal, I would never let teachers give homework to students. Students should be allowed to play when at home.

Homework doesn't even let me watch Pokémon. Mom makes me complete my homework right after I get home, and Pokémon airs at the same time. So she won't allow me to do it while watching it. Then I have to wait till evening for the re-telecast. What's the fun then?

Anyway, I just came to my class and our English teacher called me. He kinda liked me. Mr. Haberle, our English teacher, was a big man. Bald head, shining like the moon and spectacles. He was a nice person though. Always gave me chocolates for correct answers.

Well, he called me and said that my bench partner had complained something. "Son, did you hit your bench partner?"

Ava. That monkey. She told him?

Look. I can explain. She broke my pen the other day, and it was my favourite, with an Angry Birds design. I was angry and hit her in the back.

"I'm sorry sir."

"It's fine, but don't do it again. We shouldn't hit girls." he said calmly. I nodded and went back to my place.

Ava was Mr. Haberle's niece. She was good most of the times, but certainly annoying. She laughed at me. I gave her a death glare. I couldn't stand this girl.

...

--- Present ---

And that was fucking it. Ava and I never came into much contact after that. That was in class 2, and after that I just saw her and said hi to her and stuff. Never really got into touch. And here this girl Samantha asks me if I like her? What the hell?!

"The hell- no! Not at all!" I exclaimed.

"Well, it's a rumour that you like her." she said, swinging back and forth.

"Rumour. Get it? It's a frickin rumour!"

"Geez calm down bruh. It's alright. I was just asking, that's all." she said this and left.

What the hell was going on?