Tutoring- James

Imagine- James stepping in to tutor you with Charms after seeing you struggle

A.N: Requests do be open now :)

-----

Unbeknownst to you, James was watching you in amusement from across the class room. The interest, however, dissipated the moment you allowed your wand to drop from your hand, hitting your desk with a hollow thud. He frowned but kept watch. Noting how annoyed yet fed up you looked. You've never looked like that.

You stared aimlessly at your wand for a split second longer before copying. Your head hitting the wooden desk with soft thud causing the Slytherin girl beside you to look but she didn't say anything. You'd given up, utterly and truly.

James continued to frown. Seeing you like this has completely baffled him. Glancing around the room, James checked to see if anyone else- with the exemption of the Slytherin beside you- has noticed your defeated state but they hadn't. He rolled his eyes, of course they wouldn't. No one is as interested in you as much as he is.

Looking to where Professor Flitwick was- five students away from him helping a Ravenclaw- James quietly but quickly tore a blank page out the back of his notebook. Scribbling down a message. Looking to Flitwick once more, he then screwed the paper into a ball and threw it. It hit the crown of your head dead on. James stifled a laugh, biting his knuckles to do so. Remus, who was beside him, furrowed his eyebrows in curiosity but much like the Slytherin student beside you, he kept his mouth shut. Opting to watch rather then to intervene.

James glanced to Flitwick again. Still nothing. Still preoccupied with the Ravenclaw student.

You flinched initially not expecting the sudden feeling of being hit, despite how little the paper weighted. But it took you a hot minute in which to properly acknowledge it, to react. James didn't care as long as it got you to sit back up.

Slowly but surely, you forced yourself to sit back up. Leaning back in your seat, you ran both hands through your hair, smoothing it out, before your eyes settled on the screwed up paper ball in front of you. You furrowed your eyebrows. Usually, you'd look up to see who threw it but today you didn't. You didn't have it in you. Something else which James noticed. Instead you just snatched the paper ball off your desk and unravelled it.

The message inside simply read, "Are you okay?" You knew that handwriting. Looking up, your eyes immediately fixed on James, who in turn was staring back at you.

James mouthed the same words to you, repeating the message. You shrugged. He then mouthed something else. "What's wrong?"

You sighed. "This stupid spell. I can't do it."