(Request) Touch- James

Requested by: hogwartsmad

Request: Hi is it possible for you to do one where y/n and James are dating and she hated pda like gets panic attacks and stuff and James doesn't know.

A.N: Despite me re-writing this multiple times, I do feel this is still slightly forced and jumpy in places, so I do apologise. I also hope I've gotten the gist of what pda is and have written about it effectively as I had to Google it, I feel so bad for having to do so.

Warnings: Description of panic attacks

-----

Public displays of affection.

You hate it. With a passion. So much so, that if someone was to ask you as to why, you wouldn't be able to answer them. Because there was no specific reason for your hatred, it was just there. It makes you uncomfortable. Makes you panicky. Especially so when you're forced to uphold it any longer then you feel necessary, which is pretty much the second the affection happens.

But bless James, your beloved boyfriend, your perfect partner in crime, he's completely oblivious to the matter, or how uncomfortable it makes you, or even the countless panic attacks you've had to endure because of it. You knew if you'd told him from the beginning he'd be accepting of the issue and only do what you're comfortable with. But frankly, as much as you hate it, you're ashamed of it too. This being the main reason as to why you haven't had the courage to tell James. And even when you have, your mind has gotten the better of you, and has twisted your thoughts into convincing you that James wouldn't care.

Now that's not to say he's ever forced you to do anything or has ever taken anything too far, which he hasn't, you'd be the first to pull him up on that but the affection is still there. And you still hate it.

So now, you're left in your current predicament. Sat in class, beside James, with your hand held in his. His thumb gently rubbing circles across your knuckles. His grip was loose so you knew you could pull away at any time but you found yourself unable to. It was like you were paralysed as your eyes seemed to fixated on the should be loving gesture. You also knew this was purely James' attempt at trying to sooth you, having caught wind of your odd behaviour as of late. But he wasn't aware that it was him, inadvertently, which was causing your discomfort. Or rather his public displays of affection towards you.

As if Professor Binns had read your mind, he proceeded to instruct the class to answer the questions he'd written up earlier on the blackboard into your notebooks. A sigh of relief escaping you as you were able to pull your hand away from James', now having a reason for him not to be able to hold it.

Opening up your notebook onto a blank page, you used one hand to keep it open as the other picked up your quill and dipped it into your ink pot, getting on with answering the questions.