(Request) Let Me Help You- James

Requested by: hufflepuffed_-_-_-_

Request: Hi I was wondering if you would write something like either James' sister and she's got an eating disorder or Sirius and Reggie's sister and they get into an argument about something

Warning: Eating disorder, starvation (briefly mentioned/suggested), vomiting (slight description)

A.N: Please be aware that this may be triggering, and if so, please don't force yourself to read this. I understand.

-----

When you were in your first year at Hogwarts you were amazed by the sheer amount of food which the elves in the kitchens would prepare for you all. Your brother finding your reaction hugely funny and proceeded, in a brotherly fashion, to tease you about it for days after. In your defence, up until then you'd never seen such a feast of food. Heard of it but never seen it.

But now, five years later, you found yourself simply staring down at your food. Unable to comprehend ever finding the sight astonishing let alone finding the strength in which to eat it. But as usual you'd force yourself to consume the meal, even just a little bit, just to keep the pesky eyes of your friends and your brother off your back. That's the last thing you need was for one of them to flag up your lose of appetite.

Although admittedly, as of late, you've been getting this sinking feeling that James was becoming increasingly aware of your lack of appetite. He seemed to watch you longer then necessary in the Hall during dinner. You very rarely turning up to breakfast or lunch so he couldn't do it then. He's always looked out for you- made sure you were okay, it's always been a thing of his, but recently you could tell it was different. It wasn't just big brother mode anymore it was pure concern.

However, in light of this, you still found yourself waving his concern off. Throwing him an exaggerated smile whenever you caught him staring or forcing yourself to eat more then you intend just to make him stop looking and to stop him from coming over to you. The latter part rarely working as successfully as you hoped, as your gag reflex would kick in but that didn't stop you from pulling a face to James which suggested everything was fine. He would reluctantly take your word and leave you in peace.

This was also partly due to the fact James could never get you alone long enough to confront you about it. To raise his concerns. As you were adamant to make yourself indisposed with your own friendship group or pretend to have a busy homework and/or study schedule.

But today, however, you're not going to be able to get out of it so easily as James had purposely invited you to have lunch with him and his friends. He'd done it in a way which meant you couldn't back out or refuse if you tried. To add to this, him and Sirius, after finding out that you had Divination before lunch, came and met you outside your class.