(Request) Weddings & Tensions- Remus, Sirius & James

Requested by: hufflepuffed_-_-_-_

Request: Ik I've requested before so it's fine if you say no but could you pls do one where Remus, Sirius, James and the reader are in a poly relationship and yn takes the boys to one of her cousins weddings and she has a massive family like I do mean big with a few confrontations from family members about breaking her heart but all the younger cousins and younger siblings absolutely loved the boys or yk something like that.

Y/C/N- Your Cousin's Name

A.N: I had a small writer's block half way through this but hope I've done this request justice nonetheless.

-----

Hand on heart, you can honestly admit that you've been somewhat fretting over this moment for a good couple of weeks now. Your cousin's wedding. It wasn't the wedding you were fretting over; on the contrary, you love weddings, but rather some of the people who you knew would be attending. Some of your older family members, even some you've not spoken to for some time. Ones that, despite never admitting it out loud, aren't partial to the idea of your romantic decisions in dating three boys.

Actions speak louder than words, as your mother used to say.

You never took much notice of the saying when you were a child, but as you've gotten older, you've grown to understand the saying a tad more than you ideally wanted to. However, as mentioned, these select few family members have never openly spoken of their distaste regarding your love life, as it is more of a sneaking suspicion then fact. But you couldn't ignore subtle eye rolls, sighs of annoyance, or even the half-hidden disgusted looks they'd send your way whenever you and your partners were brought into conversation during any family meal or get-together. Holidays or summer breaks didn't matter to them.

That was possibly the dividing factor between your home life and your life within the wizarding world at Hogwarts. In the company of your peers and schoolmates alike, no one batted an eye about who you were dating, be that one person or three, nobody cared. But at home, especially with those family members, your relationship with James, Remus, and Sirius seemed to be silently frowned upon. You never noticed it at first, but a couple of your younger siblings and even some of your cousins sure did. They were quick to tell you or write to you if it ever happened during the term.

"You zoned out there again, babe?" Came one of your lovers' voices, pulling you from your thoughts. It was Remus. You hummed in response, an automatic response, not fully registering his words. You stood to the side at the counter in James' house, peeling some potatoes for Euphemia while she was busy tending to something else. Remus had come in to see how you were getting on with the task after you asked before she left if you could peel the potatoes the muggle way, but had stopped short upon noticing you in a daze. He was leaning against the door. "You good?"