(Request) Behind One's Back- Sirius & Regulus

Requested by: theextrovertbookworm

Request: Could you maybe write more oneshots where the reader is Regulus and Sirius' younger sister? I'm really happy with whatever but the usual sibling slight over protectiveness would be nice.

Summary: The annual Christmas Ball is approaching and you've yet to find a date. That being due to your brothers being just a tad overprotective whenever it comes to you. So, you take matters into your own hands to have a date by the time the night of the Ball arrives, even if that does mean going behind your brothers' backs.

A.N: I feel the slight overprotectiveness is more implied then shown but I do hope this is okay and that you like it!

Y/f/n: Your Friend's Name (male)

-----

Everyone knows the Black siblings and everyone knows not to mess with them. More specially, everybody knows not to mess with your two older brothers- Sirius and Regulus, whenever the matter concerns you. You've never blamed them for this fact, never held anything against them, but slowly, and mainly due to the Christmas Ball fast approaching, it is beginning to frustrate you.

"I love them dearly, don't me wrong but-" You began with a frustrated sigh, sitting with Lily and Severus under the massive old tree out by the lakes. Lily cut you off, seeming to know where you were coming from.

"It's difficult to ask someone out with them scaring them off?" She finished with a gentle expression. You nodded in exasperation before promptly throwing your head back and going to lay back on the grass. Your gaze now focusing on the clear skies above you. Lily watched you as Severus continued blindly with his homework, seeming to ignore you.

After several moments, and with you groaning about your brothers, Severus finally gave up. Tearing his gaze reluctantly from his notebook, he gave you a bored expression. Not that you could see it. "Why not just go behind their back?" He spoke as if it were obvious.

"Huh?" Confused, you furrowed your eyebrows and forced yourself to sit back up. Severus was still staring, bored.

"If you're finding it difficult to get a date then don't let them know you're actively looking for one." He spoke slower this time. Lily looked between you both, her gaze turning briefly stern toward Severus before settling back on you. You, on the other hand, were still puzzled.

"I've never told them in the past." You pointed out.

Severus huffed. "You don't need too." He paused. "Gossip and secrets spread, remember? Besides it'll be the way you carry yourself which gives it away." You remained silent, frowning, causing Severus to take a deep breath before continuing. "The moment you become close to someone or are close to getting a date to the Ball, you behave like a giddy school girl. It's obvious." Lily gave him a sharp look, hitting his shoulder.