(Request) Karma- James

Requested by: Jaasmine12345

Request: And could you do another one where Lily break James' heart rather badly and the reader is there to comfort him and it turns into James x reader and that Lily feels really jealous because the reader is getting a lot of good things which she could have had. She apologizes but James doesn't forgive her and she get's a taste of her own medicine.

A.N: I feel like I've read over this too much, so I hope it makes sense. Apologies if it doesn't.

-----

You've known James for some time now and never once seen him cry. Until today at least.

Walking back from Arithmancy with some of your friends, you were confused to say the least upon seeing James, head down, storming away from Lily Evans. A Gryffindor whom you've never properly spoken to but do share a few classes with. Which is who you assumed he was just talking to. She was staring at him rather smugly.

Blocking out what your friends were gossiping about, you turned your attention to James who appeared to have tears now streaming down him face despite his best efforts at hiding them. He was walking in your direction although hadn't seen you.

Just as he was about to walk past you, you sidestepped, blocking his path. In one swift motion, you then placed both your hands on his shoulders leaving him no choice but to look at you. "Hey slow down. What happened?" You spoke softly, visibly concerned.

Your friends stopped walking as well and turned to look at you both upon hearing you speak. Both equally as concerned. James directed his attention to the stone flooring not wanting you to see him like this. Quickly using the back of his hand to wipe away his tears. It did very little.

"Forget it." He insisted, trying to push past you.

You sighed. "No, talk to me." You pressed, refusing to let him go. James seemed to go in on himself even more, if that was even possible, returning his attention back to you as more tears ran down his face. And that's when you noticed how truly hurt, he was. That's when it clicked. Glancing past his shoulder to where Lily was previously standing, you saw that she was now gone. Anger washed over you for the briefest of seconds.

Pulling him into a hug, you squeezed tightly. He returned it. "Come on, let's go back to my dorm." You whispered. "We can talk there, if you want?"

"I'd like that." He whispered back. "Thank you." You smiled, patting his back as he held onto you. Your friends seeming to understand what was going on. Both of them sharing the same look as you.