Chapter 15

CHAPTER 15

"Its show time."

Itinali niya ang itim na panyo upang maitago ang kalahati ng kaniyang mukha. Nakangising hinawakan niya ng mahigpit ang kusarigama niya.

Kusarigama is a weapon, a traditional Japanese weapon that consists of a kama (the Japanese equivalent of a sickle or billhook) on a kusari-fundo – a type of metal chain (kusari) with a heavy iron weight (fundo) at the end. The kusarigama is said to have been developed during the Muromachi period.

Attacking with the weapon usually entailed swinging the weighted chain in a large circle over one's head, and then whipping it forward to entangle an opponent's spear, sword, or other weapon, or immobilizing their arms or legs. This allows the kusarigama user to easily rush forward and strike with the sickle.

There are three types of kusarigama. The first type has a weapon in the shape of a sickle that has a chain attached to the end of its shaft. The use of the first type depends on the ryū (school), with the weapon being held in either hand and its chain and weight being held in the other hand to be swung at the other person. Depending on how easy it is to see the weapon's weight move, "it can be deflected or blocked".

One hit with the kusarigama is typically not able to stop someone from attacking and the weight needs to be "reeled in" by the wielder again so that a second attack can be made.

The second type of kusarigama has the chain "attached at the base of the blade" and it is much more powerful than the first type.

The second type allows the wielder to use quick attacks and it can continue to be used if the weapon is deflected. It only takes one hand to operate the second type and the other hand can be used for another form of combat.

The third type "has a straight blade, hafted at right angles, with a handguard set at the blade side". The chain is attached to the weapon's base and it is controlled with both hands, similar to the first type of kusarigama.

Elijah easily entered the base of the enemy. They did not even notice her. What a shame.

Mabilis na nagtago siya ng may dalawang bantay na pasalubong sa kaniya. Nang malampasan siya ng mga ito, mabilis na ginamit niya ang sandata niya pampugot sa ulo ng mga ito.

Dinampot niya ang putol na ulo ng dalawa saka dinala ito sa sa tingin niya ay tambayan ng mga bantay sa labas. Nakangiting inilapag niya ang dalawang ulo sa pahabang upuan. Iniwan niya ito duon at nagpatuloy sa pagtotour around the enemy base niya kung tawagin.

Maingat at walang tunog na inakyat niya ang hagdan papunta sa ikalawang palapag.

"Ano ba yan? Asan kaya ang mga bantay dito? Bakit ang konti lang yata nila? Kainis, walang thrilled. Hmp... Wait, parang may nag uusap dun ah." sinundan niya ang boses na narinig niya.

"ANO BA, JOHN! BAKIT MO PINADALA ANG MGA TAUHAN NATIN PARA BANTAYAN ANG MATANDANG YUN? BAKIT BA ALAGANG ALAGA MO YUN? MAS MAHALAGA PA BA ANG MATANDANG YUN KESA SA KATUPARAN NG MGA PLANO NATIN?" Gigil na gigil na sabi ng boses na narinig niya.

Bahagya siyang sumilip sa nakabukas na pinto. Napangisi siya ng makita niya ang pamikyar na mukha ng... Ahm secret. Hahhaa.

"Huwag mong kuwestyunin ang mga ginagawa ko. Naaayon pa din ang lahat sa plano. Ang kailangan mo lang gawin ay sumunod at huwag ng mag tanong pa."

Patuloy lang sa pagpapalitan ng dalita ang dalawa. Napamura si Elijah ng may masagi siya sa tabi niya. Pagtingin niya, anak ng tinapa... Plastic bottle lang pala.