Year 5-6

(Years: 5 + Months: 3)

Orange smiled and stared directly up at the trees in the sky, waving her hands in the water that held her up.

She lied back floating on the surface of the lake, relaxing as she enjoyed the scenery.

She kicked herself back up to a light swimming paddle as she saw Blue washing their clothes a short while away, Crystal sitting by the side of the lake and looking into the water.

Orange looked closer and saw she looked slightly afraid, swimming closer to shore to check on her.

Orange: What's wrong Crystal?

Crystal: I...I'm scared of going in the water Mommy...

Orange: Aw Baby, there's nothing to be afraid off.

She drifted back a bit.

Orange: Y'know, your more than welcome to join me in here. There's a lot of room.

Crystal: I don't know...

Orange: Cmon! You never truly live life without taking risks!

She looked back at her daughter with determination. She looked up and shuffled closer to the edge. She lowered her legs in, shivering in fear.

Orange moved over and held out a hand.

Orange: It'll be alright Crystal, I've got you. Just take my hand...

She hesitated for a second, but took her mother's hand and eventually leapt forward into Orange's arms. She panted heavily, her fear increased.

Orange: Shh, it's okay.

Crystal: Mommy...I'm scared...

Orange: Don't worry, there's nothing to be afraid of...Just keep holding onto me, okay?

Crystal: (Gulp) O...okay...

Lowering slightly, Crystal closed her eyes as she dipped into the water and tightly gripped Orange's hand.

As she started floating, she opened her eyes and looked in awe as she kicked her feet lightly to stay afloat. She looked back at her Mommy with a look of surprise and joy.

The two of them started laughing as Crystal quickly swam circles around Orange, moving as fast as a fish.

Orange: There ya go! Your doing it!

Crystal splashed in front of her and hugged her.

Crystal: I did it Mommy!

Orange: Yes you did, little one...

Blue smiled from the side, watching the two bond.

(Years: 5 + Months: 6)

A small cough came from Crystal's bed as she sniffled, Orange putting a hand on her head.

Orange: Aw, I think your running a fever...

Crystal: I don't...feel so good Mommy.

Orange: I know, it feels terrible baby girl.

She put a hand on her shoulder and put a cold rag on her daughter's head, lying her back.

Orange: Don't worry, I'll stay with you until you feel better...

Crystal: But...what about-

Orange: Your Momma can handle all that. She'll understand...

She kissed her daughter's forehead and held her hand.

Orange: I'm not leaving your side for anything.

Crystal: (Smiles) Thanks Mommy...

(Years: 5 + Months: 9)

Orange sat on small hill that overlooked the sea, watching the sun set as Crystal leaned into her sides.

Crystal: Mommy?

Orange: Yeah Crystal?

Crystal: How did...how did we get here?

She was slightly surprised Crystal knew they didn't come from here originally.

Orange: I...I don't know Crystal. All I remember is waking up here on a beach a long time ago and finding your Momma.

Crystal: But what about me?

Orange: Well, you actually were born on this island. (Puts hand on abdomen) You actually grew inside my tummy.

Crystal: I did?

Orange: Yeah. I didn't even know you existed until you were born. But the moment I saw you, I just adored you instantly.

She held her face in her hands.

Orange: And your Momma and I, we just believe you were a gift to us from the skies themselves...

Crystal smiled and Orange hugged her.

(Years: 6 + Months: 0)

Orange stared down with Blue, looking as Crystal as she slept peacefully in her bed.

Blue: She's so cute when she's asleep. It's like all the stress of the day just melts away into a dream.

Orange: Yeah, it's nice.

Orange held Blue's hand, looking slightly up at her.

Orange: Do you think...we could be blessed again?

Blue looked at her in confusion.

Orange: Like...maybe another day, the skies could bless us with another child?

Blue smiled and kissed her.

Blue: I would love if that were to happen Orange...

They smiled and looked back at Crystal, hoping for the day their shared their familial love with another.

To be continued...