Year 12-13

(Years: 12 + Months: 7)

Time went by and although it was a slow process, Orange slowly but surely started acting like her old self. Everyday day, she spent time with her children and Blue.

Although the stranger that had come to the island still lingered on her mind, making her worry about whatever lied beyond the seas. She started taking protection of her family more seriously, spending most of her time either learning how to fight or building a fence.

On one of these days as she was perfecting her spear skills, Crystal watched from the side with admiration.

Crystal: Woah...

Seeing a nearby stick, she got an idea.

For the next few minutes, she watched her Mom from the sides and tried to copy her moves. On one go, she lost her grip and the stick landed somewhere in the woods.

She ran after the stick to grab it, but...something was off. Especially with what she found...

In the woods, she found her stick had landed by something strange and metallic. Some kind of...drone item. It looked old and rusted, nearly completely fallen apart and yet somehow functional.

Crystal: Huh? What...is this?

She prodded it with a stick, stumbling back as it started to flicker. The lens flashed a red light, something through the glass looking at her.

Crystal: H-Huh?

She gazed at it curiously, wondering what it was doing...

Orange: Crystal!

She turned in a panic, seeing Her mom shove her away from the machine and quickly break it completely by hitting it with her staff.

Crystal: Mommy, what are you doing?!

Orange: I...I'm keeping you safe!

Crystal: How?! What's wrong!?

Orange opened her mouth to speak, but no words could be spoken.

Crystal looked at her waiting for an answer, but nothing came. Scoffing angrily, she walked away back to their home.

And Orange didn't realise her mistake until it was too late, smashing the drone until it shut off for good...

(Years: 13 + Months: 0)

Blue: Is she still not talking to you?

Blue forced Orange to look over at Crystal, still sitting to the side as they were trying to tend to the garden.

Orange: She's still upset at me for...what happened in the woods.

Blue: Orange, I know it's hard but...your going to have to explain to her eventually.

Orange: But-

Blue: No buts, just explain why you did it and...hopefully, she'll understand.

She sighed, knowing their was no other way around this. She nodded at Blue before walking over to where Crystal was.

Orange: Hey Crystal...

She turned away from her as Orange sat down.

Orange: Look, Crystal...I'm sorry. I just did what I thought was-

Crystal: You didn't even give me a chance to say anything.

Orange: Huh?

Crystal: Mommy, all I've ever known is our lives here. I wonder what's out beyond the seas all the time and...I just want some answers. Don't you?

She swallowed nervously.

Orange: Crystal, of course I have questions. I ask myself new stuff everyday. But all I've seen from the...shark attack a while back is that everything beyond this beach...holds nothing but potential danger.

She knelt up and held Crystal's shoulder.

Orange: I'm only doing what I think is right for us...for you. Can you just understand that? Please?

She thought hard, turning to her mom.

Crystal: Promise me...

Orange: Huh?

Crystal: Promise me that you won't keep any secrets or lie to me anymore. Please Mommy?

Orange knew she was probably going to hate herself for this...

Orange: I promise...

Crystal smiled, giving her a hug as Orange thought to herself...

What had she just done?

To be continued...