Examination

Tari felt tears on her face as she looked through the pane glass window. She'd woken up from one nightmare and right into another that was even worse then she could imagine.

Among a few kids with a cold or a broken limb, She saw Crystal sleeping in one of the beds, attached to a breathing apparatus on her face and various tubes and wires running into her arms, stomach and nose.

Meggy sat at her bedside, crying as she stroked her face. Emily and Alice sat on the next bed looking in worry, Felicia and Molly still thankfully oblivious to the situation as they continued to play with their toys, though they occasionally glanced at the bed with worry.

Tari sobbed, rubbing her eyes into her sleeve as Luigi walked over.

Luigi: Tari?

She stood straight, Turning in a panic.

Tari: Luigi, please! Tell she's...she's gonna be okay... 

Luigi just smiled.

Luigi: She's gonna be fine...and don't worry, I'm not just saying that.

Tari choked out a laugh of joy with a sigh of relief. She caved on her knees and cried a whole fountain as she hugged Luigi.

Tari: Th-thank you...

Luigi just stood awkwardly before returning the hug.

...

Everything was bright. Everything hurt. Her throat was dry and she couldn't move. Her eyes opened slowly as she looked around the room.

Something was on her mouth and in her throat, along with tubes along her whole body. She couldn't sniff because a few were in her nose. Her eyes moved to Emily sitting on the bed nearby as Alice was snoring behind her. She looked at her and the girl sprung up instantly.

Emily: Sis! Alice, Mommy, wake up! Crystal's awake!

The rest blurred out for her as she turned her head painfully to see Meggy lying in a chair. Her eyes opened fast as Emily's screaming woke her, but the moment she saw her awake, she sprung up.

Meggy: Crystal!

She ran and hugged her, causing her even more pain. She tried to yell, but she couldn't speak with the tube in her throat.

Meggy: Oh Crystal, you had Mommy so worried! You've been out for days, I thought...I thought...

Crystal gripped Meggy's wrist with what strength she had, looking at her as if to say "Mom, I'm okay."

Meggy just smiled back with tears as Tari ran in through the door, running and hugging her with Meggy.

Crystal just wished they realised this hugging was hurting her.

...

Luigi: I've looked over the charts and...she needs to stay here a few more weeks.

Meggy and Tari: What?!

Giving Crystal a moment of peace and themselves time to regain their composure, that attempt was gone as Luigi gave them the news of Crystal's case.

Tari: Luigi, forgive me for my language but damn that!

Meggy: She's been through enough and we've been here for almost a week already, we're taking her home!

Luigi: Girls, I say this out of her best interest. She's very fragile and any stimulus or germs outside this building could prove- 

Meggy: Luigi, I'm going to break your nose if you don't speak in English.

Luigi: Okay, I'll put it simply: She has next to no immune system!