The List

Just as a warning there is some very brief sexual language  in this chapter. Thanks to everyone for voting and commenting, it's good to know people are reading so I will keep writing   <3 <3 

________________________

If someone warns him one more time about homosexual activity being illegal in this country Max thinks he is going to scream. This time it is Christian Horner having "the talk" with him. It would probably be one of the most embarrassing moments of his life if it wasn't for the fact that he could clearly tell that this was not Christian's idea and Christian would rather be anywhere else right now. He doesn't think he has ever seen his team boss looking quite so uncomfortable.

"They gave me a list" Christian stumbles over his words.

Max is now mildly amused and intrigued as Christian holds a sheet of paper in his hand.

"A list of what?" Max asks, enjoying the fact that this might the first time he has really seen his boss lost for words.

"Of .... of activities you might want to avoid"

Oh god Max doesn't know whether to be mortified or find the whole thing hilarious. It also crosses his mind that some poor Red Bull employee has had to compile this list at some point.

"Go on then" Max nods towards the list encouraging Christian to carry on.

"You want me to read it to you?"

"I guess so"

"Well, the first thing is kissing and then, well then - " 

Max watches in enjoyment as Christian's eyes flicker down the list. Max has no idea what is written on there but he is sure as hell that Christian does not want to be reading it out loud.

"Maybe I should just let you read it in your own time" Christian hands the list over and makes a quick exit, clearly regretting the whole conversation ever took place.

Max decides he should also make an exit before anyone else could corner him. It was bad enough having Christian speak to him but he knows that Helmut Marko would be a thousand times worse. Helmut was not known for being tactful.

As he made his way through the paddock he briefly scanned the list he had been given, realising immediately why Christian had been so hesitate to read it to him. As he looked up he saw a familiar face approaching him, Charles. Max's mind flashed back to the Monday morning after his win in Bahrain. He had woken up sticky from champagne and he had a vague recollection of Charles being on top of him at some point. He just hoped he hadn't done anything too stupid.

"Hey" Charles smiled as he saw the Red Bull driver approaching him.

"Hey Leclerc, just the person I wanted to see" Max had decided to get straight to the point, "You were in my room Sunday night weren't you?"

"Yes, I put you to bed" Charles laughed awkwardly.

"Oh. Did you undress me?" Max asked bluntly.

"Oh god no!" Charles protested "You answered the door like that and then proceeded to spray us both with champagne"

Max groaned, there was obviously no need to ask if he had done anything stupid then. He imagined himself half naked, soaking Charles and himself in champagne and cringed, he hoped that Charles hadn't been too traumatised by the whole thing. He would make a promise to himself never to drink again, but that would be a lie.

"I'm really sorry Charles."

Charles just smiled, there really was no need to apologise, it was one of the best nights he had had in a long while.